I had the idea in the morning. If you had the chance to meet any bassist and tell him some constructive critism what would you tell him? (it doesn't matter whether you are a fan or you just despise him, just something good). Please try to keep it mature without going "ZOMFG you suck claypool!!! lolzr!1!!!eleven", thanks.

I'd personally love to tell wooten that less is more (except with Bela Fleck, where I find his work to be almost perfect) and I'd be delighted if he played more stuff like "More Love".
I tell Roger Waters he needs a more interesting bassline for Run Like Hell.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
All right, I'll be that guy.

I'll tell Pete Wentz to start lessons. That's the nicest way I can put it.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
i'd tell les claypool to get primus back together
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I'd tell Cliff Burton to let Lars Ulrich sleep in the upper bunker.

Rimshot.
So an irishman walks out of a bar.
i would tell ryan martinie to make mudvayne good again.
Guy Stabs

-like a snail along a straight razor, dividing itself through motion
M E S H U G G A H
Quote by treebranch13
i would tell Flea to move past octave slaps

ya me aswell
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
I would tell Jaco Pastorius and John Entwistle to stop being dead.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz

i had a feeling someone would say that one haha
Aside from what fitz said, Id tell Flea to write a solo album, one that isnt all octave slaps. (Although octave slaps arent a bad thing)
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
Quote by thefitz

+1

OMG, not another 83lps "philosophy 101"!! yup!

constructive crit is only as credible as the critic. your skills should be at least to the level of the person your trying to "help". now we all have opinions on what we like or don't like about another persons style of playing, but thats not construcitve crit, thats just your opinion. constructive critisism is to help someone improve their skill level. not to voice your opinion on their choice of music, or style. those that can, do.
those that can't, teach. those that can't teach, critisize. / thread. lol
I would tell Lemmy to use all four fingers on his left hand
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
+1

OMG, not another 83lps "philosophy 101"!! yup!

constructive crit is only as credible as the critic. your skills should be at least to the level of the person your trying to "help". now we all have opinions on what we like or don't like about another persons style of playing, but thats not construcitve crit, thats just your opinion. constructive critisism is to help someone improve their skill level. not to voice your opinion on their choice of music, or style. those that can, do.
those that can't, teach. those that can't teach, critisize. / thread. lol

I know what you're saying, but I'm not sure if I agree. Say I have no fingers. Say I'm a disembodied head who simply cannot play bass. I don't have the skills to 'pass down' to the person we're constructively criticising.

But does that mean that Flea isn't obsessed with octave slaps? If I don't have the skill to say anything, does that mean he doesn't do the things we're criticising? Or do I just not have the right to say anything?

If that doesn't make sense, let me put it this way: say some jabroni carpenter makes the most crooked and unsafe looking door you've ever seen. If you were to say to him, "dude, that door's crooked," does the arguement "can you do better? No? Then shut up" change the fact that the door is still damn crooked? Does my lack of carpentry make the door safer and make me feel better walking under it?

Yeah, a load of bollocks I just said. I can understand having a little bit of respect for pros, but I don't see why we can't 'offer them advice'.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you thefitz! The wake up call from a daydream. Just kidding mate you're alright.
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
Quote by RIC4003
Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you thefitz! The wake up call from a daydream. Just kidding mate you're alright.

I'd sig that, but NSG's legendary statement takes up too much space and I simply cannot part with the irony of it yet.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by thefitz

Yeah, a load of bollocks I just said. I can understand having a little bit of respect for pros, but I don't see why we can't 'offer them advice'.

i offer them advice everytime i choose to purchase, or not to purchase, their CD. or pay to see them live. and quite frankly, thats the only advice they listen to. you can critique my music, as you see it, but it doesn't mean you have the skills to improve me. i do understand what your saying. but constructive crit is about building. everything else is about personal preferences, and individual tastes from your singular point of view. and like my buddy, thefitz, i may not know everything, but that doesn't mean i won't spend a considerable amount of time, trying to convince you,
i do. touche'
^That's right! Just like in a bar fight - who's more likely to break your neck? The strong, tough looking guy, or the guy who looks like he's legitimately insane? You'll call someone out on their toughness, but not their craziness!

But yes. I was thinking this thread would be a polite way to flame certain bassists, like my glorified who's best thread from a while back (time capsule).
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by thefitz
^That's right! Just like in a bar fight - who's more likely to break your neck? The strong, tough looking guy, or the guy who looks like he's legitimately insane? You'll call someone out on their toughness, but not their craziness!

But yes. I was thinking this thread would be a polite way to flame certain bassists, like my glorified who's best thread from a while back (time capsule).

That was exactly what I was trying to avoid.
Quote by thefitz

My good fitzy, I must say you are in fine form today.

I personally would say to John Deacon of Queen: don't let Freddie Mercury have sex with that dude!!!

Oh, and get singing lessons. So people would know who he is.
I would tell Mike D'Antonio to lay off the bass swinging and pick-hand follow through so he can play something more interesting that quarter notes.