i was wonder if anyone here would be willing to share their experiences/opinions about the digitech digidelay as i am thinking about buying one.
Quote by loganrocksabass

how can your girlfriend be in your band if she's in the kitchen?
I borrowed a Digidelay off my dads mate and its quite a bad pedal IMO. The delay just wasnt very good quality and its one of the noisiest pedals Ive ever heard.
Your much better of going for a DD-3 or DD-6.
i knew boss had a good delay but the digidelay had more features for a better price...i gues you get what you pay for though. i wouldnt mind more opinions.

the line 6 is a bit too much for me right now
Quote by loganrocksabass

Last edited by ratm92 at Sep 24, 2007,
I had one and it broke after 3 months. Literally fell to pieces. Didn't sound that great to start, very "sterile."
I hear the BYOC delay is really good. It's 80 USD for the kit, you can get it pre-built for $30 more or something. Just another thing to consider, as you should be able to tweak it all you want and it's true bypass.
A wise man is not wise because of his wiseness, but because of his manness.

Quote by floppypick
Penis.. do digimon have them?
what a true bypass mean for a pedal? what are its advantages?
Quote by loganrocksabass

Quote by ratm92
what a true bypass mean for a pedal? what are its advantages?

the advantage is that it is true bypass, making it better than pedals which dont have true bypass
Even though your pedal may be on less than 10% of the time, it goes through the pedal 100% of the time. True bypass means that when you the pedal is on standby, the guitar signal isn't affected. This prevents tone sucking. It's generally a desirable thing in a pedal.

I hope I explained that adequately, I'm not incredibly experienced.
A wise man is not wise because of his wiseness, but because of his manness.

Quote by floppypick
Penis.. do digimon have them?
Last edited by Darth_Queso at Sep 24, 2007,
Quote by Darth_Queso
Even though your pedal may be on less than 10% of the time, it goes through the pedal 100% of the time. True bypass means that when you the pedal is on standby, the guitar signal isn't affected. This prevents tone sucking. It's generally a desirable thing in a pedal.

I hope I explained that adequately, I'm not incredibly experienced.

thats exactly what i said
Quote by STriNG-RaY
thats exactly what i said

Youre a moron.

The Digidelay is average...but theres better out there for the price.
You might want to look into the Echo Park by Line 6, it's like a scaled down DL-4. I'm also in the market for a Delay, and came across the Digidelay, but it didn't look as good as the other in my search.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by STriNG-RaY
the advantage is that it is true bypass, making it better than pedals which dont have true bypass

right.
so i guess your 808 clone with true bypass is better than my original issue 808 with buffered bypass right?
the Marshall Echohead is way cleaner and warmer sounding than the BOSS DD-6 or the DigiDelay
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Youre a moron.

The Digidelay is average...but theres better out there for the price.

i never said anything about digidelay just about true bypass

just out of curiosity

could you name me 5 other delay pedals which are a lot better than the digidelay near the same price margin, seeing as how it is so mediocre?

just because im a complete moron right?
/\ Well someone needs a chill pill :P

Anyways, it'd be worth trying out the Marshall Echohead, that thing is meant to have alot of different functions, and its about the same price if not less than the DD-3.

I'm still yet to go out and try one for myself...
I like mine. It's not noisy and it's not falling apart. And I think it sounds great.
Quote by STriNG-RaY

lol thats why youre a moron.
the chorus is nice
the delay i like but i would like to update my earlier post
i traded my digidelay for a dd6
i got a good deal on it
but towards the end the digidelay switch started to not work as good