I don't have a Control Panel on my Start menu. When right click on the desktop and click on Properties, it says the operation was cancelled due to restrictions placed on my computer, contact computer administrator. I did, but there aint no reason for it to be this way. My computer has four accounts, and two of them have these "symptoms" but the other two do. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening or what i can do to fix it.
Thanks,
Nash
Quote by WillPlayForFood
Tell her you want to sodomize her with a chainsaw
Quote by FrenchyFungus
OMFG, an opinion.

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNN!
To fix it you would right click the start menu bar thing and customize your menu. However seeing as you don't have administrator rights, you're probably not the administrator. Try to find out which one is so you'll have access to everything.
I don't need a sig....
Sounds like you have 2 restricted accounts.
On one of the accounts that can access the CP, go to user accounts click on one that his the "problem" and click change the account type. Change to computer administrator.
Quote by Sense()Offender
Solo? What's that? You mean like, playing guitar alone?

Quote by imnotcommunist
dude my balls fell off of my dick. is this good?

Quote by rizo299

Yes, stupididty isn't just confined to america.
i did but it says i am an administrator also
Quote by WillPlayForFood
Quote by FrenchyFungus
OMFG, an opinion.

Try logging off, then at the logon screen press CTRL+ALT+DEL twice.

You should get one of the old style logins pop up. From here, type Administrator in the username box, and leave the password box empty. If your system admin's aren't that great, you should be able to get in.

Then you can give yourself all the permissions you need
still aint workin. According to the administrator, i have permission. But according to my account, i don't. and there is no way to get to the control panel from my account. I dont know what to do.
Quote by WillPlayForFood
Quote by FrenchyFungus
OMFG, an opinion.

yes i can access command prompt. and yes i am a computer administrator.

EDIT: but the other two accounts can access it. thats what i don't understand. and according to the main account, i am a computer administrator. not limited account.
am i making sense to you?
Quote by WillPlayForFood
Quote by FrenchyFungus
OMFG, an opinion.

Last edited by nashville_star at Sep 24, 2007,
Quote by nashville_star
yes i can access command prompt. and yes i am a computer administrator.

EDIT: but the other two accounts can access it. thats what i don't understand. and according to the main account, i am a computer administrator. not limited account.
am i making sense to you?

Yeah, and I don't know what it could be

Is it your computer? Family? Work? School? Who's the admin, and how good are they at computing
To be honest, it will be easier just to make a new account and transfer all your stuff over rather than trying to fix it. Its probably one of those things thats really not worth the effort.
Quote by filthandfury
Yeah, and I don't know what it could be

Is it your computer? Family? Work? School? Who's the admin, and how good are they at computing

Its my computer. We only have one so the whole family uses it. My moms the admin, and she's pretty decent but not a complete genius.
Quote by WillPlayForFood
Quote by FrenchyFungus
OMFG, an opinion.