Yeah, I'm pretty much getting sick of all the buzzing and humming. I finally wanna get rid of it. What would be the best pedal to do this? Would the Boss NS-2 be any good, or is there a better choice. I would prefer if it didn't suck my tone out, and would sound EXACTLY the same, only with no buzzing or humming (yeah, I get both buzzing and humming at the same time).
1950s Reissue Fender Stratocaster
Epiphone Gold Top Les Paul
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Ibanez TS-9
Boss BF-3
Boss DD-6
Wylde Signature Cry Baby
DigiTech Whammy 4
Boss NS-2 sucks tone, get an ISP Decimator, best one you can buy.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Try removing pedals from the pedal chain one at a time to see if you can isolate some of the noise. Also consider dropping a few bucks on some nice preamp tubes known for low microphonics. Some of the noise could be coming from a worn out cable that is in need of replacement, or from a cables that sucked from the get go. If worst comes to worst and you "need" to buy a suppressor, then don't get the NS-2.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
I tried removing some pedals. Even when I had NO pedals hooked up to my Deville, I still got bad buzzing/humming. And I tried using two different cables. As a matter of fact, I've always been getting really horrible buzzing/humming, no matter what amp or guitar I use. I've owned 3 different amps and 3 different guitars over the past 3 years, all of which got horrible buzzing/humming. I'm pretty sure it's because it's not grounded properly, but to be honest, I have no clue whatsoever how to fix that. And yes, in the same room I have my amp, I do have a computer in, but I usually shut off the monitor when I play, which eliminates SOME of the buzzing/humming. Is there anyway I can ground it properly, or am I gonna have to get a suppressor? And if so, the ISP Decimator is my best bet?
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Ibanez TS-9
Boss BF-3
Boss DD-6
Wylde Signature Cry Baby
DigiTech Whammy 4
And how would I go about doing that?
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Ibanez TS-9
Boss BF-3
Boss DD-6
Wylde Signature Cry Baby
DigiTech Whammy 4
There's a component within the rig or the power going to the rig that's probably causing that noise. Try the amp in different rooms to see if the room's power is causing the noise. It helps to have access to a room with no other electronic stuff in it. Turn the amp on by itself with nothing plugged in to see if you can hear the noise within the amp circuit alone. If there's nothing there, the next thing I would do is connect the guitar but leave the volume down. If you've got a noise there, it's the guitar (more than likely the grounding on the guitar), but test the guitar with several different cables to see if the noise remains. There are a lot of different causes of noise...could be a ground loop, could just be lack of decent grounding, could be environmental noise...there are a lot of causes. This is a decent place to start though.
^yep try the amp around the house then outside the house.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by RoboRobot
I tried removing some pedals. Even when I had NO pedals hooked up to my Deville, I still got bad buzzing/humming. And I tried using two different cables. As a matter of fact, I've always been getting really horrible buzzing/humming, no matter what amp or guitar I use. I've owned 3 different amps and 3 different guitars over the past 3 years, all of which got horrible buzzing/humming. I'm pretty sure it's because it's not grounded properly, but to be honest, I have no clue whatsoever how to fix that. And yes, in the same room I have my amp, I do have a computer in, but I usually shut off the monitor when I play, which eliminates SOME of the buzzing/humming. Is there anyway I can ground it properly, or am I gonna have to get a suppressor? And if so, the ISP Decimator is my best bet?

All my amps do this in my house too, no matter where it's plugged in. I've just learned to live with it, not really that big a deal for me. You could get a power conditioner that *should* fix this though.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Given the additional details, I concur with the power conditioner suggestion. It's a good investment regardless of whether it solves the problem or not.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Unplug.

But seriously, You're gonna get buzzing from single coils, but you can use that to your advantage if you can find your amp's sweet spot, which takes a lot of messing around with settings and such.

Also, check your input jacks, if your guitar is old. The wiring might be loose.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
play it clean? my amp gives no hum with my single coils when i play clean... i'll just say: lower your gain.

shielding does a little. but not as much as just taking out the groundloops in your strat's controls. those are the biggest suckers making the annoying hum.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I think it's because of the room I'm in. I do have a computer in there. I have brought my amp in another room before, and it was a BIT less buzzy/hummy. Somedays, it's actually more buzzy/hummy than others. It's actually quite odd. Sometimes, when I stand in a certain place, it goes away a bit, but still there. Sometimes, when I just touch and hold my guitar strings, or any metal part on my amp, the buzzing goes away, but the humming is still there. And what exactly is a power conditioner? It sounds pretty interesting...
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Ibanez TS-9
Boss BF-3
Boss DD-6
Wylde Signature Cry Baby
DigiTech Whammy 4
EC has a great point. I did the same in my strats a while back and it made a huge difference. I have not shielded my guitars yet either. As far as single coils always buzzing, not true. With everything off in my room, I have no noise issues using channel 4/vintage on my Roadster. With the TV on (old school CRT set), I get an instant chainsaw. Same thing happened with my Silhouette and my friend's Les Paul.
Well, this happens with both my Fender Strat and Epiphone Les Paul. It also happens with any other guitars I have ever plugged in my amp.
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Ibanez TS-9
Boss BF-3
Boss DD-6
Wylde Signature Cry Baby
DigiTech Whammy 4
If you really want a noise reducer get the EHX HumDeBugger, its wicked

Theres a demo of it on YouTube, just search HumDeBuuger