Would it be easier to get pinch harmonics on a Vox AD30-XL than on a Frontman 15w Reverb? Also would they sound better?
more gain = better harmonics.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
I would say yes, as it has some decent distortion and more gain, and is a good amp, not a piece of crap. (Sorry, a guy with whom I play with has a frontman 15, and it's terrible...)
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
Not really - it's all in the technique. However, humbuckers tend to respond better to pinch harmonics due to having a bigger magnetic "window".
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Not really - it's all in the technique. However, humbuckers tend to respond better to pinch harmonics due to having a bigger magnetic "window".

Exactly what I was gonna say. A lot of distortion can bring it out more but if you're not good at them in the first place it's not going to do you a whole lot of good. Practice doing them on the clean channel of your amp or on an acoustic, then if you still want better harmonics, buy a better amp.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I can get em on the clean channel even though I can BARELY hear them, they sound ****ty on the drive though. And what I meant would the tube make the sound slightly better than on a normal SS?
Quote by Hellfire999
I can get em on the clean channel even though I can BARELY hear them, they sound ****ty on the drive though. And what I meant would the tube make the sound slightly better than on a normal SS?

More than likely as long as it's just the amp that's making it sound bad. The tubes will make your notes sound more defined.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com