Can anyone please tell me this chord: I kinda dont know how to do it cause theres more than 4 spaces to put ur fingers can anyone xplain me this also :

E -x- | --- | --- | --- | ---
B -x- | --- | --- | --- | ---
G --- | -x- | --- | --- | ---
D --- | --- | -x- | --- | ---
A --- | --- | -x- | --- | ---
E -x- | --- | --- | --- | ---

Can u guys plz help and explain
Ok you need to barre.
use your index finger to go across the... uhh the left.
Index finger on the E, B, and E
Middle on the G
Ring + Pinky on the D, A
F [barre chord]
Member of the Grammar Nazi Club. PM Your41Plague12 to Join.

Member #6 of the Orange Tiny Terror Club
Oh sorry misread it...my bad...
Usually (usually I say!) if there are three notes in a row of the same fret. Like above. I think...UG? Help?
Well, that's a major barre chord, as someone said it would usually be played by using your index finger to form a barre, ie press down all six strings, then you would use your middle finger on the g string, pinky on the d and your ring or 3rd finger on the a string. The tab you showed doesn't actually specify what fret that's at or what chord it is, though you can easily work it out as the root is on the e string, so 1st fret would be an F, 5th fret A etc.

Actually an x on a tab usually indicated a muted or unplayed string, but I think it's safe to assume they're just being used to indicate the shape on an unspecified fret.

As for when you have to barre, when there's no other choice I suppose is the only time you have to barre. I can't think of a way to get around having to barre using your index for that chord though, you could fret the low e with your thumb and not play the high e, but then it's not exactly the same.

If you need any more help or have any more questions, search the lessons (and UGTV) and the forums, if you still need some help ask in Guitar and Bass Basics.