I have been playing a marshall avt that i dont own and band practice and i really like the distortion on it. Do the DSL/TSL heads offer the same distortion? im planning on getting a new amp soon. thanks
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Mesa boogie single recto series 2
Line 6 Toneport
Mesa boogie single recto series 1
Digitech GNX4
Not really. When I played an AVT I was able to get tons of gain out of it, this wasn't the case with the DSL though. The DSL is more tame (imo) but it does sound better tone-wise, though, I still don't like it.

However, if you're playing something that doesn't require a lot of gain, it might be just right for you, what do you play?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Yeah, what kind of stuff do you play?
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail
BBE Sonic-Stomp Sonic Maximizer.

Member #24 of the EHX Guild
alexisonfire, parkway drive, bring me the horizon, metal/rock stuff... killswitch engage.. maybe a peavey? cant afford a messa live in australia
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Mesa boogie single recto series 2
Line 6 Toneport
Mesa boogie single recto series 1
Digitech GNX4
Everyone will suggest a used 5150. half of those bands probably use them anyway. Or the new 6505.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
jvm might be worth considering, if you can stretch to it. please don't get an avt, though, they're crap.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?