How would you rate this amp? (personal experience would be nice, but word of mouth is also appreciated)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ampeg-B1RE-Bass-Head-and-B410HE-4x10-Half-Stack?sku=481728
Is it worth the price, and is there something better? I'm looking to spend about $1000 max on a halfstack, with another cab costing up to $500 or the total being $1,500.
Main Bass Rig:
Bass:
Dean Edge Q6 - 6 String with Active EMG-HZs

Amp:
Fender BXR 300C - 300 Watt combo

Pedals:
Boss GEB Bass Equalizer
Electro-Harmonix Bass Big Muff Pi
MXR Bass Envelope Filter
Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI
the GK stack (410 RBX and 400/ 700 RBII) is much better (i think) or you could go to the ampeg stack with the B2RE. but those ampeg (especially cheaper than the SVT) are built in china with cheap labor AND extremely cheap parts, they are not built to last, GK is built to last
Get an 8x10 dude, its a grand...easier to move around and think on some theres a switch to make it work as two 4x10s.
Quote by kiennM
Get an 8x10 dude, its a grand...easier to move around...

you can't be serious
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Quote by kiennM
Get an 8x10 dude, its a grand...easier to move around and think on some theres a switch to make it work as two 4x10s.

you're kidding...right? Hell, my 4x10 barely fits in my car, let alone an 8x10.
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
i PERSONALLY dont think that bass bass stack is worth the money expecially sense you can get one from ampeg that is like tripple better for only $200 more. the B2RE+SVT410HLF

i dont think that bass combo is worth the money i think the most i would pay for that would be around $450 and even still I wouldent buy it.

i love ampeg just that stack sucks

for 1000 get the B2RE+SVT410HLF only thing is is that you can only use one cab with this setup. if you want 2 cabs get the B2RE+SVT410HE then get the SVT15E later
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Last edited by Emergancy Exit at Sep 24, 2007,
Quote by Confused4930
you can't be serious

I'd much rather move an 8x10 around than two 4x10s or two 4x10s...the wheels and bar on it really makes it pretty easy, and just get a buddy or something for stairs. Or **** the thing can be rolled down fairly easily thanks to the wheels aswell. Rather bang that out in one shot than carry a 70 pound half stack up the stairs, in the truck,down the stairs and on the stage. Than go back up to start that all over again.
i do agree with you there the only problem is stairs and getting it in/out the vehicle.

BUT
you can only bring ONE 4x10 if that is all you need with an 8x10 if you only need one 4x10 oh well you are still carrying 200LBs either way. can also leave one 4x10 at rehersal space and still have one at youre home for practice and dureing shows you have them bolth.

this is why i'm looking for a 2x10 now so i can bring it to rehersals, friends house wherever. because 300W out of 2 speakers is plenty for rehersals so why lug around a 1000W 8X10.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
for my bands first ever recording i hired out an 810 ampeg stack..... never again, it took me 30mins to get it from my car to the music room
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
I dunno, i always found it easier. But whatever, depends on the person/transportation.
That head greatly overpowers the cab. I know you're not supposed to crank it anyway, but it's almost double...

I'd probably look to get a new head and a nice used cab - you can get some good deals if you look around.

I got my rig (older Ampeg SVT-3 Pro and Yorkville YBX1510) for $350 and $300 respectively. Thank god for people who have too much gear. The guy I bought the head from had like.. 3 other vintage Ampeg SVT heads.