i got an email titled - the status of your ultimate-guitar account, opened it, and it was from and was blocked for my safety, decided not to open it. just thought i'd let you know, since i doubt i am the only one.
No i get those emails too that basically say nothign about my account, and rightly so: JUNK
Quote by henza_x
No i get those emails too that basically say nothign about my account, and rightly so: JUNK

I've gotten two of those, and they both said I was on the verge of being banned from UG.
Quote by JC13
You should tell that to someone in site feedback, where mods can see it.. Because that looks like someone was trying to scam you out of something, possibly your password. Real warnings and the like that come from UG say they are from Ultimate-Guitar.com.. And contain an e-mail adress such as frenchy.ug@whatever.com..

That is a definate possibilty, it's happened before....with very anoying results.
Threadstarter: you were sent an email from UG Staff on the 24th, so I expect it was legitimate and not someone trying to scam you, but I'll check it out.

henza_x: emails from UG Staff do say something about your account and aren't junkmail. You've had three warnings from UG, one of which is currently active, so you'll have had 5 emails from us, and will be getting another when your warning expires, assuming you don't get banned, but you'll get an email for that too if it were to happen.

jc13: it's a while since i've had a look at warning emails but you're basically right, I think the sender shows as ultimate-guitar.com but our address is given, so some mods will have an account for UG, burpinworm.ug@whatever.com, I do although it doesn't have .ug so they're not all in that format.

I'll look in to it now.

Edit:

Yeah threadstarter that's a mod's email so it's nothing to be worried about, you were given a warning and your email for whatever reason's decided it might be dangerous or spam or whatever when it isn't. The banned forum's full of people whose emails from UG are filtered or don't get through etc.

If you want me to send you your record just ask and I'll PM it to you.
Yeah threadstarter that's a mod's email so it's nothing to be worried about, you were given a warning and your email for whatever reason's decided it might be dangerous or spam or whatever when it isn't. The banned forum's full of people whose emails from UG are filtered or don't get through etc.

allright, thanks, i was worried since the email wasnt from ug it was a scam, problem solved.