I saw some videos of them, seemed pretty nice for what they are...

but I recommend checking out what shops have used. I just got a great peavy classic 30 for less than a bandit used (paid $350 for it), and its a tube amp.

but if you can't find it, or want something quieter (I can't go up past 2, else I might get evicted) then the bandit is fine too I guess.

unlike what many people say, you can sound good on a SS amp, and if you suck, a great tube amp won't make you better. :P.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Quote by spiroth10
I saw some videos of them, seemed pretty nice for what they are...

but I recommend checking out what shops have used. I just got a great peavy classic 30 for less than a bandit used (paid $350 for it), and its a tube amp.

but if you can't find it, or want something quieter (I can't go up past 2, else I might get evicted) then the bandit is fine too I guess.

unlike what many people say, you can sound good on a SS amp, and if you suck, a great tube amp won't make you better. :P.

ok thanks and just so u no i dnt suck
haha, I didnt think you did. I was just putting that out there because I honestly don't think solid state is the worst in the world if you can't afford better...

I almost couldn't, and got lucky with a used amp :P.

to be honest, it s a lot easier to crank heavy distortion at low volumes on SS amps, so that might be for you anyway.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Quote by spiroth10
haha, I didnt think you did. I was just putting that out there because I honestly don't think solid state is the worst in the world if you can't afford better...

I almost couldn't, and got lucky with a used amp :P.

to be honest, it s a lot easier to crank heavy distortion at low volumes on SS amps, so that might be for you anyway.

ok lol
Peavey Bandits are good sounding amps with enough distortion to satisfy anyone short of all-out metal players. They also sound great at low volumes. I have a Peavey Backstage Plus I bought new in 1984 and its still kicking. I love tubes, but to me (others may disagree) they are the next best thing.
Quote by uldhppi
Peavey Bandits are good sounding amps with enough distortion to satisfy anyone short of all-out metal players. They also sound great at low volumes. I have a Peavey Backstage Plus I bought new in 1984 and its still kicking. I love tubes, but to me (others may disagree) they are the next best thing.

ok thank you... tubes r good
Okay i think this amp is Great. for what it is it has nice cleans not bright not sparkley but pretty flat in general and it has good bass response. it conforms to a distortion pedal very nicely.

the lead chanel has a nice classic rock sound and the distortion chanell is "good enough" better than most stock distortion ive found, if you have a distion pedal it will sound better ..way better. the lead chanell is nice for hi gain soloing.

the amp is LOUD AS HELL too! it is louder then some of the 2X12 amps ive heard and it doesent break up at hi volume levels.

if you are looking for an affordable all purpose amp that is loud this is the amp for you. NO it is not a halfstack NO it doesent come too close NO it doesent have tubes in it but it is the next best thing. you might want to buy the 212 because it will defenently sound better and last you longer.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Stop bumping.Bumping is a sin in UG.
You might wanna consider a Roland Cube too
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy