Well my music that I record has a metal tone with lots-o-bass with some metal/classic rock riffs and classic rock solos. I want a guitar that has all of that. I'm looking for 400-750 price range.
I play Standard and Drop D tuning on a peavey 158 transtube.

WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST?
Last edited by devin_g94 at Sep 24, 2007,
everyone is going to ask you what amp you use, you should probably say it...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
yeah as far as tone goes, you probably want to invest more in a good amp as you'll find your tone through the amp not the guitar(most of it, pickups and wood will influence most on the guitar)....im not a guitar guru but thats what i hear.
well on stage its some big marshall system that I do not know the name of. but for just practice its the peavey.
I'm lookin at the epiphone les paul black beauty electric guitar and its looking awsome...
yeah you could go with a les paul, or you could go for an sg...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
that ibanez looks nice...I am leaning towards a les paul or sg tho.

oh and just so everyone realizes how stupid I am, I bought an epiphone les paul special II.....that was when I was on the high end of novice so...ya
Epiphone Les Paul Custom and maybe a pickup swap if you have the cash.

Fender Standard Fat Strat

Ibanez S370/470 with new pickups

Gibson Faded Flying V
You want a Les Paul or SG for your price range and genre of music. I have a Fender Highway One Fat Strat and love it but it wouldnt fit u type of music. So you can either go with a higher end Epiphone and switch out the pickups, or a Gibson faded SG. Personally, I don't like the Faded SG's paint job or tone, as much a Les Paul's, but that is just my opinion.
My Setup
Fender Stratocaster Highway One HSS
Marshall Lead 12 Combo 5005
Carvin then maybe. You can get it basically however you want it there, but it is more towards a strat sound.
My Setup
Fender Stratocaster Highway One HSS
Marshall Lead 12 Combo 5005
personally id check out rondomusic.net they have really great deals. id go for the les paul copy AL 4000 with either the EMG's or seymour duncans. you should check out the specs for them there great. the only catch is you have to order them online but there a trustful company with fantastic customer service.
you might prefer a SG to a Les Paul if you're going to be playing on stage a lot. Some people don't like the weight on stage.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Jackson DKMGT!! GOGOGO I JUST BOUGHT ONE YAY
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Quote by Op3a
Ibanez Prestige RG1570

+1

or carvin. i dunno how expensive they get, i think more than 750 though.
mine's cost 1400 CAD

>.>

<.<

But it's a DC400. The DC127 isn't nearly as much, will probably run you up about 850-900.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile