That's a Stingray dude. And in my favourite colour combination (except for the rosewood freboard) so I'll say that. Hell yes.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
My bad, thats a picture I got when I typed Ernie Ball Sterling in google. Just pretend its a Sterling.
musicman ftw. Although it depends on the kind of sound you want.
Quote by vintage x metal
My toilet has seen some scenes that one would describe as 'deathcore'
Quote by Johnny_Walker
My bad, thats a picture I got when I typed Ernie Ball Sterling in google. Just pretend its a Sterling.

Well, I'm not such a fan of Sterlings as I am of Stingrays, but EBMM basses are quality instruments.

If you have the cash to be buying a bass of that calibre, though, go out and try as many of each as you can and don't drop your cash on a whim. Both are outstanding instruments, but completely different beasts as far as feel and tone goes, and you will live to regret it if you rush the purchase and end up with the wrong one for you.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
I like the Stingrays over the Sterlings, but gotta say I do love the Rics classic sound. Now if it were a 4001, I'd probably consider selling my soul for it, but that's another story altogether.

But do play both, they are both rather distinctive in their tones and how they play, and not everyone is fan of either the Ric or the Sterlings. For that kind of money, it better feel like a natural extension of your body.
RICKENBACKER

thats my dream bass but alas out here in australia they are unbeleviable hard to come across especially brand new
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
Yeah Bazz_Aaron they are. I went to my local music store in Toronto and the guy told me they had a two year back order. I could though get the Sterling custom to my needs and it would only take six months.
Last edited by Johnny_Walker at Sep 26, 2007,
that's a tough one, sterling or ricky, RICKY IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME IN THE BASS WORLD, don't get me wrong, EBMM makes a great bass, but what can compare to a ricky?
Member of the "Shoop Da Woop" club, PM to Join
An EBMM, of course
since rics are impossible to get here i say get it if you can and if you don't want to tell me where in TO you see it and i'll buy it
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by Drmckool
since rics are impossible to get here i say get it if you can and if you don't want to tell me where in TO you see it and i'll buy it

Actually, that raises a fairly good point. I haven't seen a Rickenbacker bass in a store here for about three years, and even then it was just the one, and in pretty worn condition.

If it's a similar situation where the TS lives, if you get a good price on a Ric you could sell it for an obscene profit, because there are defiantely more Ric lovers than there are Rics.
Quote by Caustic
Actually, that raises a fairly good point. I haven't seen a Rickenbacker bass in a store here for about three years, and even then it was just the one, and in pretty worn condition.

If it's a similar situation where the TS lives, if you get a good price on a Ric you could sell it for an obscene profit, because there are defiantely more Ric lovers than there are Rics.

x2. If I ever see a Ric at ebay it's fought more than most basses (excluding obvious ones like Wals, vintage basses and the like.)