Ok guys from around the US, I need your help. My gf and I are going on a roadtrip this summer. We're starting in Maryland and headed down into VA/NC and across tennessee to arizona (grand canyon) and into southern cali. Then up through cali into oregon and across through wyoming/montana and to michigan (I have family there). Then over to NY and back to maryland. Ok, between the destinations I listed, what is there to do? Where should we go? Thanks, UG.
i wanna get the **** out of MD as well...

it's ok though...college is coming and then i'm gone
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by Bloodycrass
Come to quebec and party with us !

No, I'll stay in Ontario, thanks.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Go to great smoky mountains national park in TN, pretty place. And if you like the tourist trap type places go to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.

Edit: Go to yellowstone in wyoming. And if you got the time in montana, find a place called Polebridge. The place doesnt have any electricity but it has its own website (generators lol). Its a really secluded place and interesting to stay there.
Rock Crawler of the UG Jeepers
PM Dirk Gently to join if you've got a Jeep
Last edited by Guitartv at Sep 24, 2007,
Quote by saxaxe
oh? dude, where in MD you live?
baltimore county...about 20 minutes outside of the city

edit: oh **** you live in towson? that's like 5 minutes away

i'm in perry hall
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
I'd recommend staying the f*ck away from Wisconsin. You'll end up getting here and for some reason end up stuck here for 3 months. It has this gravity of depression and bad luck mostly, plus all the cheese makes my poop hard.
Quote by Derek <3's You!
I'd recommend staying the f*ck away from Wisconsin. You'll end up getting here and for some reason end up stuck here for 3 months. It has this gravity of depression and bad luck mostly, plus all the cheese makes my poop hard.

haha Im actually originally from wisconsin, so Im prolly gonna drive through. Probably up through wisconsin to the UP of michigan.
you definetly have to come here to san luis california, its where the first ever motel was built
Read On The Road, and do everything Sal and Dean do.

Oh, and while in Cali, stop by Santa Cruz and San Francisco. Both ace cities.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Timberline Lodge on mt. hood and multnomah falls Oregon you could also try windsurfing. I don't know how much money you have for this trip
Quote by saxaxe
haha Im actually originally from wisconsin, so Im prolly gonna drive through. Probably up through wisconsin to the UP of michigan.

Come chill with me, man.
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by HaKattack
Come chill with me, man.

haha sure! Where in Michigan you at? Ive got family in Farmington, Birmingham, and Port Austin. Im hittin all those points, along with mackinac island and city.
Quote by saxaxe
haha sure! Where in Michigan you at? Ive got family in Farmington, Birmingham, and Port Austin. Im hittin all those points, along with mackinac island and city.

In Marquette, up in the UP.
<Han> I love Hitler
There are some really beautiful places in northern Wyoming. Yellowstone National Park is always fun. Could come in through the west or north gates in Montana and come out the east gate, go through Cody, Wyoming. You'll end up in my old stomping grounds of Greybull and Shell, Wyoming. Can check out the dinosaur tracks and various digs out near Shell, Wyoming. There are lots, but I find the Howe Ranch to be one of the better ones. I think Kirby Siebels and the team from the Saurier Museum Aathal (Switzerland) are still out there. Great bunch of folks, just be careful or Kirby will talk your ear off! Then go over the Bighorn Mountains, through Sheridan and see Devil's Tower. Just to warn you if you do choose this route, be careful of pronghorn near Cody and mule deer near Shell. I couldn't even begin to tell you how many we've nailed.

If you ever get the chance to visit the interior of Alaska, hit me up, I'll show you guys a good time. Lots of great things to see up here, but the middle of the summer is the best time to come because of the 24 hours of daylight and mild temperatures, unless you want to see the northern lights, which are just starting to be visible now that we've got some darkness.

Either way man, have fun and drive safely!
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

For South Cali. try to hit up Hollywood and not cheesy hollywood. Make sure to go to the beach. Try Santa Monica it's after tourist season so it shouldn't be that bad. Make sure to go out for meals because Cali. has some awesome places to eat, Make sure to also go the Oregon shore it's really cool. You might want to try Hert's(don't think I spelled that right) Castle, it's probably the best stop you could make.
oh dude

on the way to oregon, go to fern canyon. its in california but way way north. its in the redwoods national forest and t is my favorite place in the whole world.