I was wondering if there are any ways i can increase the strength of my left hand (fretting) and speed and dex. Any excercise?
Gear
Fender Stratocaster MIM
Jackson DX10
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (neck: Seymour Duncan Jazz, Bridge: Seymour Duncan Distortion)
Marshall Mg50dfx
Digitech Metal Master
Crybaby 535Q
Learn scales if you haven't already, and play them faster and faster. Not only will you increase strength and speed, but you'll learn some music theory (hopefully), and learn how to control your fingers individually.
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
+1.

also, i picked up some heavy gauge strings and toughed my way through it.
some hammer on and pull-offs daily increase muscle strenght in your fingers. but you have to do it daily for a good while to see results.
♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪

Quote by Rune Playaz
I vote thycrusader for 'The guy who hit the nail on the head'

Quote by Emilyyy.
thycrusader = Thigh_Crusader
work your way through pentatonic licks with legato. I think 2 notes per string licks are an effective training for strenght and dex. But yeah heavy strings helps a bit too.
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
I already got those down I know a whole bunch of regular scales and then a whole bunch of exotic. Then I take musical theory AP haha >.< it's hard. I just want my dextarity up for like the trills that I am doing and I want to be able to do them like Hendrix you know?
Gear
Fender Stratocaster MIM
Jackson DX10
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (neck: Seymour Duncan Jazz, Bridge: Seymour Duncan Distortion)
Marshall Mg50dfx
Digitech Metal Master
Crybaby 535Q
Just practice HO's and PO's then.

Play Hendrix songs, start slow and speed up.
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
eh i usually just like sit at the computer with one hand on the fretboard hammer on and pull off alot like
1st finger on 1st fret 3rd finger on third fret fourth finger fourth fret, pull off's and hammerons like mad just do that for like hours on end if you can suffer through typing with one hand while you play the computer you'll get alot stronger fingers
lol
Cancer.
^ that's what I did for some time. It really works, but I started to practise in a more common way... my typing hand got tired
lol
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Chromatic legato up and down the neck

Trilling between each finger is the one that will really get your strength up in no time. Just don't over do it if it starts to burn rest awhile then come back to it.