Hey dude. It sucks that there are gonna be like 6 comments max on UG for this video while suckers who play Metallica and crap get like 40 posts. Oh well, its hard to appreciate the things that not everyone can do I guess. Anyways, I really love your playing dude, this, in my opinion, is Necrophagist's hardest song, and you nailed it almost perfectly! There were a few slurred notes here and there, but nothing really big.

A great thing about you is that you look relaxed while playing, I see alot of people get all tensed up (like my older videos), while playing and then they cant headbang ,or have fun. Next time you should bring up your guitar volume a little louder than that, its a nice tone you have there man. Your fingertips have a nice tone, something Muhammad would be proud to see. You pretty much have the same tone as he does. A few questions:

-How long did it take you to learn this? How many hours a day?

-What methods of learning did you use to work on this song? Did you get a GP file, learn it riff by riff, sight read, what?

-Were you able to hum the song back in your head before you began working on the song?

Keep in touch
hey man, thanks for the comment : )

as far as how long ive practiced it, i learned it about six months ago, and practiced it quite a bit, then i stopped playing metal for a while. about 2 weeks ago i randomly started playing necrophagist songs again and decided to learn the full song. about 1-2 play-throughs a day.

for learning the song, i used the official tablature book. learned it riff by riff, made sure i had the riff down before i started working on the next one.

yes i could hum the song in my head before i learned it, just because i have listened to the Epitaph album so many times. over the past 2 years i'm sure i've listened to it about once every other day or so, haha.
Amazing man..

You and insideac are now my favorite guitarists in UG..
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Sick as usual. Definately Necro's hardest song. Couple of muddy notes and stuff, but overall, I give you mad props. I'd never be able to play that.

Do All Dark Graves by The Faceless. PLEASE!
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
That sir was great playing, i love that song but theres never been a tab on here for it maybe i should shell out for the tab book. the only songs ive ever taken time to learn by them is Stillborn One and Seven, its just Necrophagist songs need alot of time and patience to learn compared to any other band that you can just sit down and play. but i think im gonna try learn ignominious and pale this week. symbiotic in theory is probably a bit out of reach at the moment for me lol
Why? do you think theyre the only people that can play necrophagist? huh huh >.>
<.<

although that guy carson would have it pretty much rapped up with symbiotic, although i say a Necrophagist cover contest would be sweet. i would def try that.
You wanna make a tech death cover contest? Or Necrophagist-only?

Im scared though.. Crap

Quote by ch715dallat
Why? do you think theyre the only people that can play necrophagist? huh huh >.>
<.<

although that guy carson would have it pretty much rapped up with symbiotic, although i say a Necrophagist cover contest would be sweet. i would def try that.

Itd be fair if we all learned something we dont know yet
i don't know:

ignominious and pale
diminished to b
epitaph
only ash remains

or any songs off of onset other than foul body autopsy
You two should do Fermented Offal Discharge. I'll judge.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Quote by ibaRGnez321
You two should do Fermented Offal Discharge. I'll judge.

Do you really wanna judge!? Go to the necro cover contest then !