Quote by GoodCharloteSux
I think Shakespeare is some of the most overrated stuff ever, that and the beatles.

When I read that i was shocked... they are both some of the most amazing and influential in their craft. anyone else agree with me? disagree???
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
Um. I guess. I think Khalil Gibran is a million times better than Shakespeare, though..
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
although neither of them really hit it off with me, i wouldn't dare deny that both the beatles and shakespeare are overflowing with talent and originality.
Quote by zwart_gitaar

Dismemberment gives me an erection!
Really was this necessary?

Personally, Shakespeare is decent for the time it came out of but,Shakespeare itself, is just not good. Don't try to say that I'm uneducated and so on, I am an English education major in college right now. Its all personal preference.

The Beatles, I think that it was a time era thing. Everyone tries to say that no one was doing "that" at that time. I think that they were just the fortunate ones to get big. Granted they have a couple of decent catchy songs, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, Help, etc. but realistically they were insanely poppy and made a boat load of ****ty, sugar coated manure.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
yeah, Shakespeare is pretty good, and the beatles are overrated pop music
just my opinion
LISTEN TO MONSTER MAGNET
It's all matter of opinion, though there are TONS of people who never heard The Beatles, but still "love them," of people who only read Romeo and Juliet and think Shakespeare is god.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Um, i think the Beatles are overrated. Sgt. Pepper was clutch. The rest was meh.

Shakespeare is really good though.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
Give me some subjective reasons to not like the bealtes or shakespeare other than "it's my opinion"
i love the beatles. i didn't really like shakespeare in high school. either if u like it, don't like it, or you don't care. who cares about anybody else.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by Tophue
Give me some subjective reasons to not like the bealtes or shakespeare other than "it's my opinion"

That's the very meaning of subjective...
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
Shakespeare's stories are not where his mastery is found. The stories themselves are often bland and dry. In fact, Midsummer Night's Dream is his only true original story- and it's a great one.

What makes reading Shakespeare great is his use of language. Most writers used language to portray a story, but Shakespeare used a story to express through language, which is clearly visible if you ever read the sonnets.
The Beatles, I think that it was a time era thing. Everyone tries to say that no one was doing "that" at that time. I think that they were just the fortunate ones to get big. Granted they have a couple of decent catchy songs, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, Help, etc. but realistically they were insanely poppy and made a boat load of ****ty, sugar coated manure.

Which Beatles albums do you own or have listened to?

Abbey Road? The White Album? Poppy and sugar coated?
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Shakespeare is a good writer, who has some good characters, wit, and even some sexual humor. However, he's not as good as people make him out to be.

The Beatles were a great band, though their earlier stuff wasn't nearly as good as their later material.
Dem Dry Bones
Current read: I Am America (And You Can Too) (Stephen Colbert)
Album of the Week: Four Thieves Gone (The Avett Brothers)
Quote by doctor_rocker
The Beatles were a great band, though their earlier stuff wasn't nearly as good as their later material.

Their early stuff is horrible.
shakespeare was great but there are better than him. e.g. Schiller or Goethe. can't beat them
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Anyone aware that Shakespeare has had a big infulence on modern English, hes had tons and tons of catch phrases! ( One fell swoop, flesh and blood )
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
While it always annoys me when people who are Shakespeare fanboys gush about how brilliant he is without realising he wrote almost no original plays I think he had a wonderful grasp of language and his plays and poetry are written in a way that deserve the praise. He just isn't given the praise for the right reason.

As for The Beatles, I don't really know. I think they're just okay, but they did have a massive influence.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Odo
shakespeare was great but there are better than him. e.g. Schiller or Goethe. can't beat them

Two/three completely different styles...that'd be like saying Stevie Ray Vaughan was better than Eddie Van Halen. You can't rank things that are completely different on the same scale.
Quote by Tophue

Why would we do that?

I don't particularily like the beatles... I enjoy some shakespere, he was an excellent writer.
Quote by cakemonster91

*chuckle* A peanut. With a face.

Go to your staff paper and re-write this song a half step down so on the paper it'll be like you have a "C" just move it down to a "B#"

Know your theory, then play like you don't.