that looks awesome, but i have no idea how to do it. why not just ask the guy that posted the video?
I signed up on the forum, and ive tried countless times to try and google him. I have no idea how to get in touch. I just subscribed to the forum he visits, but i will just have to wait and see.
Just check out the ultimate guitar refinishing thread. there is a tutorial there.

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
I used humbrol enamel paints (you know those little cans from hobby shops?)

I had a thread up at pg last year showing result, not sure if the images still work though?
Current Gear
Ibanez RG1570 - Going bye bye
Jackson DK2 - Eventually will be replaced with Maton Mastersound
Peavey valveking 212
Various EHX and Boss effects
^ oh my god , you have just ended a 2 week search and answered various unanswered quiestions in 2 sentances, and for that i thank you.

can you link to your thread on PG>?
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Oil paints and don't forget borax. It is needed (i think so at least I used it), remember to have a coat a paint before though. And you need at least 2 colors. Swirling one color in hope that it will just act as a sticker wont work.
Tutorial on that style of paint job.
~ Gear ~
Epiphone Les Paul
Crate GX-80
Quote by Guitarist132
Finish the quote

"This is _______"
Quote by Aqua Dementia
SPAAAAAAAARRRRTTTAAA! No?
Quote by Guitarist132
Incorrect, the correct answer was papua new guinea

Quote by Aqua Dementia
Whoa, I'm in your sig.
how much borax would i need to use ?
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Depends on the container you're gonna be dipping in. The container they used at that link, they used about a cup of Borax.
~ Gear ~
Epiphone Les Paul
Crate GX-80
Quote by Guitarist132
Finish the quote

"This is _______"
Quote by Aqua Dementia
SPAAAAAAAARRRRTTTAAA! No?
Quote by Guitarist132
Incorrect, the correct answer was papua new guinea

Quote by Aqua Dementia
Whoa, I'm in your sig.
well mines about half that size so i figure, half a cup lol.
i might get a start on the finish of my build this weekend.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Yea i have that tutorial, but the beginning paragraph he mixes up the two different types of paint and it gets confusing on what kinds he uses.

THANK YOU RGMAN!! You just ended my search and answered my questions! YAY!
Wow, all you guys that posted after me were a huge help. I read the can that i got and it is an enamel so im good. I also picked up a can of wood sealer.....which obviously will prevent the guitar from taking on water. THANKS!!!
Let's see some pics of everyones swirl attempts.
Gear:
-Ibanez
--RG270DX~Blk
--AGS83 Semihlw~Ant.
--AEF30 AcEl~Trans Blk
-BC Rich ST III~Snakeskin
-Strat~oly wht Hendrix
-OLP Tin Top
-Roland Cube30x
-Epi VJ -modded
-4x12 Marshall cab
-Pocket Pod
-Hendrix Wah
-Slash Wah
much more
I'm finally getting ready to do my swirl but I'm worried about getting water in the holes, especially the neck ones. I also want to swirl my headstock, does anyone have any recommendations on how to do that?
^ make sure you post some pictures and list the equipment you used, nobody ever does that and it'd be so helpful
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Quote by admbwr
^ make sure you post some pictures and list the equipment you used, nobody ever does that and it'd be so helpful

I can do that:

1 Rubbermaid Tub, it was quite deep, but in the end the body touched the bottom and ****ed up a bit of the swirl, so get an extra large one

2 Tremclad Rust Paints small cans (1 black and 1 white)

1 cup of Sodium Borate

A piece of wood to use as a neck for dipping.

Newspaper to get rid of excess paint when taking the body out.

Before the I swirled it though, it had Krylon white primer and a few coats of Krylon white paint.

Also a tip: Find a good place to dispose of the water. Rubbing a whole bath tub with turpentine isn't fun.
thanks alot man, i have a rubbermaid tub actual,its abit small though might not be able to get a decent swirl onit,
so whats tremclad rust paint supposed to be used for ? it might help me find another brand , thanks.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Quote by admbwr
thanks alot man, i have a rubbermaid tub actual,its abit small though might not be able to get a decent swirl onit,
so whats tremclad rust paint supposed to be used for ? it might help me find another brand , thanks.

Make sure the body can get completely submerged without touching the bottom.

Tremclad is a canadian brand (I think). I just bought it because it was the cheapest oil paint I could find. I guess the rust paint means it can be painted over rust (I didn't buy it for this feature, I did it for price and it worked fine).