When I try to bend a note or do some vibrato, the sound ends up sounding like I'm using a whammy bar instead of really adding emotion to it. What could be the problem?
you might not be very good at it?
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
Definitely a possibility, but I don't think that's quite it...then again...it might be.
u might be giving too much vibrato. it doesn't have to be that big of a bend/unbend.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Hmm, I usually don't bend it too much, but the results are the same either way. Do you think it could be my strings/guitar? I have a floyd rose tremolo and yes, it's one of the ****ty ones. My one friend who's pretty good can't get the right sound either. And yes, it's in tune.
Try experimenting with the speed at which you bend the string. Start slow and gradually speed it up. I found that this helped me out a lot.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
It does sound a bit better if I slow it down a bit, but it's still doesn't sound quite right. I'll have to keep working on it. I'm thinking about getting new strings. I plan on playing metal, any suggestions?
Whatever floats your boat. I don't think there is such a thing as "Metal" strings. Its all personal preference imo. Try elixers, i like those.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
strengthen up your fingers for a starter then try bending it to pitch then shake her
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
i don't really think i understand your problem, if you could record yourself, i think more people would be able to answer your question