so after an intense jam session today in a really small room, i was playin drums, and tonight my hearing is sorta dulled...my ears are kinda ringing, and that was about 5 hours ago...i listen to my ipod on full blast a lot...do you think hearing damage could be permanent? is it anything to worry about? cus im gonna be playing in this really small room, really loud a lot from now on.
You might be dying.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Hearing damage is an accumulation of damage to your ears throughout life. You can lose hearing at any point in your life, so I suggest wearing ear-plugs during jam sessions and band practices.

I don't think you've done any permanent damage.
Nikolas
well any unusually harsh noise is going to have that effect until you get used to it... hearing damage is a pretty legit concern for a lot of musicians, i don't know a lot about the limit of human ears, but if its painful at all, or the dulling sensation lasts for more than a day, i'd be worried. i suppose you should probably invest in ear plugs wither way though.
Protip: Don't listen to your ipod full blast. Halfway is even pushing it.
Wear earplugs while jamming.
Be careful. As a musician and music lover, what are you without your ears?
I made you a cookie but I eated it.
Quote by Purnin
Protip: Don't listen to your ipod full blast. Halfway is even pushing it.
Wear earplugs while jamming.
Be careful. As a musician and music lover, what are you without your ears?

+1
Yeah, you should definitely wear earplugs for practices and gigs. I damaged my ears, now I have tinnitus. It's not much fun.

Yours probably won't be permanent, but as much as I hate to say it, it could be.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
You might be dying.

^ Don't listen to this guy... you're already dead.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender HM Strat
Mesa/Boogie 1987 Mark III
Peavey Classic Chorus 130
Boss GT-8
Robert Keeley TS9DX Flexi-4X2
Quote by waterbottle352
so after an intense jam session today in a really small room, i was playin drums, and tonight my hearing is sorta dulled...my ears are kinda ringing, and that was about 5 hours ago...i listen to my ipod on full blast a lot...do you think hearing damage could be permanent? is it anything to worry about? cus im gonna be playing in this really small room, really loud a lot from now on.

How long you bin jamming for? cause the same thing used to happen to me when i first started playing but i adjusted to it! if you've only just started give it a few weeks and if its still happening you might have a problem! (Thats what it feels like isn't it?)

Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Well I expect it's similar to the hearing loss you get after being at a loud gig, not that permenant. Stay away from the loud noises for a while and see if it goes away.
Wear plugs when you jam, and don't put the volume up too high, especially if you're using earbuds
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!