Yeah, so this is my guitar. It's not much, but I'm a beginner and I'm happy and coming along well. I don't know much about the technicalities of an electric guitar. I don't care whether my truss rod is dry, wet or whether I should be taking it into my shower. I don't know much about pick-ups either. So a few days ago, and old friend came over to jam. He told me my guitar was pretty good, but the pick-ups suck. don't really understand. So I'm thinking of upgrading my pickups......

According to the Ibanez site, the pickups on my guitar are,

neck pu STD-H1 (H) neck pu
middle pu STD-S4 (S) mid pu
bridge pu STD-H2 (H) bridge pu

If my pickups do suck, which ones should I go for, budget ranges till 120$.

Help?
Well, i don't like my rod to be to dry for obvious reasons. How do they sound to you, if you cant tell the difference in your pickups, I recommend you don't change them until you really need too.
Well, for right now I would keep them stock, but If i owned a Jcm like your friend I would probably change them, but for now I wouldn't.
Quote by flamingstrat.
Well, i don't like my rod to be to dry for obvious reasons. How do they sound to you, if you cant tell the difference in your pickups, I recommend you don't change them until you really need too.
|

Exactly If your begenning Don't sweat it dude wait until you start to get your "musical ear" and then if you don't like the way they sound switch em
Cancer.
Musical ear has nothing to do with it artrard, musical ear has to do with notes not tone.

Can anyone sensible gimme advice please?