hey there I'm picking up a $200 strat immitation for my bang-up guitar. I plan to work it over hard in the first week or so. Any advice on getting a good damaged-body look without sacrificing sound?
metallica kicks your ass!
you can chip up the paint on the edges with something hard, possibly rub it with some sand paper, but it will probably always look like you intentionally beat it up.
Gig with it. It'll beat itself up over time.

Edit - You just can't fake battle scars.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
dam, prolly right. i'll just jam w/ it a bunch...maybe a little harder than normal.
rub icy hot on it? couldnt help it

give it time, over time it will collect bumps and scratches and scrapes
drop it down some stairs "accidentally"
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Instead of sitting it on a stand or leaning it agains your amp, lay it on a concreate floor!
(i used to do it & it fuked up the finish on the back of my SG copy!) Alternitivly tie it to the tow-ball of your car & drag it down the road abit! then let me know how it turns out!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
^^^

that can only go one of two ways, it could bang up the guitar a bit, or it could end up with a lawsuit.. i wouldnt recomend it :-P
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92
^^^

that can only go one of two ways, it could bang up the guitar a bit, or it could end up with a lawsuit.. i wouldnt recomend it :-P

GOD DAMD STUPID LAWS!!!!!!
(do it anyway!!!)
GO ON! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Throw it around, it worked for mine.
But you may want to take out the P'ups and electronics first... I had to get new ones :\
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
i played with a really heavy pick for like 2 yeard and i took off most of the paint on my tele and the point(rounded point lol) is all chipped because of doors and walls and stuff from gigging. wearing a belt buckle will mess up the back but u gotta earn those battle scars.
Also, walk around with it at school or in a place with small doorways and you will always bump into things leaving scratches...
Maybe use the strap and walk around with it like that?
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Wait...You want your guitar to look like shit, so you're going to bust it up?

Why? What's wrong with you?

Christ, I treat my guitar better than I treat my nuts.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
I have another idea! Take it to a Gig play a few songs with it, then throw it at the nearest wall or failing that Emo person but that also may result in a lawsuit! Do it!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
previous post...person; i understand ur confusion. I really do. I also cringe when the guitarist on stage smashes his guitar into hundreds of (unmusical) splinters but this is something i must do. At the moment I am playing a Gibson Epiphone Les Paul. $400 retail. gift. may seem like **** compared to many veteran players but it was big for me. i upgraded to that from a danelectro with one tone knob that didn't really change anything. I don't take my LP out of the house unless it's an emergency. I hate playing it because every time i do it seems like something get's scratched. I need a guitar that I don't feel bad about hurting or bangin up a bit. one that i can abuse without remorse. sort of a long explanation but it was neccessary.
Quote by tab_luver90
previous post...person; i understand ur confusion. I really do. I also cringe when the guitarist on stage smashes his guitar into hundreds of (unmusical) splinters but this is something i must do. At the moment I am playing a Gibson Epiphone Les Paul. $400 retail. gift. may seem like **** compared to many veteran players but it was big for me. i upgraded to that from a danelectro with one tone knob that didn't really change anything. I don't take my LP out of the house unless it's an emergency. I hate playing it because every time i do it seems like something get's scratched. I need a guitar that I don't feel bad about hurting or bangin up a bit. one that i can abuse without remorse. sort of a long explanation but it was neccessary.

Well give me your LP and i'll give you a ****ty SG copy you can do what you want with!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Quote by gunners fan
GOD DAMD STUPID LAWS!!!!!!
(do it anyway!!!)
GO ON! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

This guy sounds like he knows what he's talking about.....I'd listen to him.
Quote by tab_luver90

Is it a Gibson, or an Epiphone? If it's a Gibson, then could you tell me where you got it for $400.
Quote by david_highland
Is it a Gibson, or an Epiphone? If it's a Gibson, then could you tell me where you got it for $400.

DUDE! you didnt read the lot of it did you 'cause he said its an epiphone
Quote by Spoony_Bard
oh sorry yeah it's just an epiphone, and no i want it i just want another one.
Quote by gunners fan
DUDE! you didnt read the lot of it did you 'cause he said its an epiphone

No I didn't, I'm tired and only read what's interesting then reply....I need to go to sleep forever....