Well, I've been using my Peavey Studio Pro 112 amp for a while now and it has been great, no problems at all up until now.

Problem started after this happened, was letting my buddy set up my amp and to turn it on, cable was plugged in but my guitar (les paul epiphone) was not, the gain was high and well when he turned the amp on it was a short and quick pop and then a complete hum. Now, unplugged or plugged in all I hear is a hum, complete hum.

I'm not sure if its a Fuse problem, but I doubt it's grounding because I have tried it in a lot of rooms in house. Any help or suggestions would help! Thanks.
don't use it for a while. let it chill out. try again....if that doesn't work......seek professional help
I've turned all the knobs and settings to 0 and tried turning it on, nada, and ill leave it off for a bit see how it is and then probably go to the shop, thanks for the replies .
Something withing the amp will have blown out by the sound of it. Whether it be a fuse, a speaker or what, I don't know. But you are suposed to have EVERYTHING plugged in before you switch the amp on, otherwise you can balls it up completely. I'd say take it to be looked at by a proffesional.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Quote by rockdude375
Something withing the amp will have blown out by the sound of it. Whether it be a fuse, a speaker or what, I don't know. But you are suposed to have EVERYTHING plugged in before you switch the amp on, otherwise you can balls it up completely. I'd say take it to be looked at by a proffesional.

wtf ? if you turn it on standy it's fine !?
and what about changing from inputs on the amp while it on ?!?
The Bandit is solid state so it will not have a standby and probably not have a fuse. You have probably burned out a chip on the board somewhere. Do the usual troubleshooting routine to rule out maintainance issues. You may have to take it to a tech. You have to decide whether the cost of repair is worth it. The amp sells new for $384 (I think) and a tech will usually charge at least $50 per hour. Even though its a great solid-state amp it usually is not worth fixing (unless you do it yourself or have a knowledable friend.) Doesn't hurt to get an estimate however. Good luck.
Thanks for all the shops and I'll be getting in touch with a tech, he's a friend so he will narrow down the issue for me, regarding the Bandit statement, are all the Transtube Peavey amps i.e Studio Pro and Bandit solid state amps?