I know you hate these, but I have 2 basses to choose from with a twist. I cant try one out because no one carries one around here. I mean theres a GC about an hour or two from here, but gas prices are ungodly (as my fellow americans already know).

The 2 are
Warwick Corvette Standard (the one I cant try )

and

Gibson Thunderbird Studio (Ive tried an Epi T bird and loved it... Exept for the whole 'cant reach the 15th fret and on' thing)

Now, I know that Warwicks are loved so much here and T birds arent, but considering I cant try the Vette, which do you think would be best?

And if you need to know, I play about everything.
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
Which one are you more leaning towards? Is it not possible to go to a shop and try out a 'Vette before buying it online?
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I say, spend the gas money, go to GC and try them both out. This is a huge purchasing decision, and $1000 for a bass is a lot of money.

If you have $1000 for a new bass, I'm sure you can spare $40 for gas. The LAST thing you want to happen is get your new toy in the mail a few weeks from now and end up not liking it.
(to Dinky) Thats actually another problem. Im leaning towards both pretty evenly. I mean Im leaning towards the Vette a little more, but with no way to try it out, I have to go by hear say.

(to Blue) Im also not entirely sure if the nearest GC is in fact that far. Im pretty sure that its in another state... Also, Im pretty sure I wouldnt hate the Vette w/o trying it. I mean if its a tone thing, I can get used to that, but if its a playability thing, well thats different.

With that last part being said, does anyone know how that Vette plays? As in action (maybe comapred to another bass), weight/balance?
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500

-Bass Militia- \m/
You could try asking Google for online reviews of it. Might help.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by silentdob
(to Blue) Im also not entirely sure if the nearest GC is in fact that far. Im pretty sure that its in another state... Also, Im pretty sure I wouldnt hate the Vette w/o trying it. I mean if its a tone thing, I can get used to that, but if its a playability thing, well thats different.

There's one in Charlotte, I believe. Could be wrong though.
^ Ill go ahead and Google both while Im thinkin about it.
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500

-Bass Militia- \m/
Warwick necks are the thing that decides whether a person wants one or not therefore it is imperative that you try it before you buy it.

Maybe you should ask some bassists around you if they know someone with a Corvette just to try before you buy it.

EDIT - use some public transport. I'd probably be cheaper and easier than having to drive a long distance. You'd also help the planet.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
between these two, the Wick for sure. i wouldn't spend $100 on a Gibson bass. it is simply a bad design. for this kind of money you must drive, to play everything in this price range. **cough** Fender Jazz**cough**.
Warwick all the way, no question.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Warwick FTW. The playability is unbeatable, to me, until you get into custom made stuff. I love the feel of the thicker neck.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
between these two, the Wick for sure. i wouldn't spend $100 on a Gibson bass. it is simply a bad design. for this kind of money you must drive, to play everything in this price range. **cough** Fender Jazz**cough**.

Oh I havent ruled out the possibility of saying f*ck it and getting a jazz. Theres actually a place around here that carries them *heart attack*.

Oh and Jonnomainman said that the neck is usually the deciding factor, so about what brand are their necks like? Ive tried Ibanez, Fender, Epi, Schecter, and B.C. Rich (a long time ago) if that helps.
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500

-Bass Militia- \m/
Yeah I saw you post in another thread that you were GASing for a Highway 1 Jazz or something like that.

I'd take that Jazz over the other two basses you listed, any day of the week.