Page 1 of 2
no wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

awesome.
Quote by joehhy
i will use my lvl 90 Golduck against the evil 4chans, they will not stand a chance

Quote by Led Pepplin
My penis is quite literally trembling in fear.

FLOCKDRAW!!!!!!! EPICS!!!!!
It'd be great if it works. I wouldn't get my hopes up, but equally I wouldn't dismiss it.
damn, you'd think THIS would have made it to the mainstream news...
Remember when you were young
You shone like the sun...
Haven't they found something in orange peel and other fruit skins that can possibly cure some forms of cancer? Don't you think with the millions of plants and food available out there, there's a cure for everything that's waiting to be discovered?
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
I hope it works.

Sad thing is most of the sufferers won't be able to afford the drug when it comes onto the market.
Quote by SURFraptor7

What, with all the cats stuck in trees? Someone ran over a squirrel outside my house and I called our local action news.
Quote by soulflyV
Finally I can have unprotected sex.

You can anyway.....
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Quote by denizenz
What, with all the cats stuck in trees? Someone ran over a squirrel outside my house and I called our local action news.

the uhm smashed groundhog up the road, you think i could get publicity off of that?
Quote by SURFraptor7

no.
because THEN Alot of people would lose money.
Because america is greedy.
The "organizations" that take your money so they can "research"
the cure for aids/hiv would lose that money they usually recieve.
who knows.
I wouldnt get my hopes up though.
Quote by joehhy
i will use my lvl 90 Golduck against the evil 4chans, they will not stand a chance

Quote by Led Pepplin
My penis is quite literally trembling in fear.

FLOCKDRAW!!!!!!! EPICS!!!!!
Quote by soulflyV
Finally I can have unprotected sex.

Now you just need an enzyme to stop pregnancy.

And this cure may look great, but think about it. Pharmaceutical companies are going to jump on it and put a 1200% markup on it like they do with everything else.
Quote by daniel.mycoe
You can anyway.....

But the risk will be gone!

All they need now is one for herpes.

EDIT:
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Now you just need an enzyme to stop pregnancy.

And this cure may look great, but think about it. Pharmaceutical companies are going to jump on it and put a 1200% markup on it like they do with everything else.

But only chicks get pregnant!!

>_>

<_<
sorry guys, http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/Human_trials_of_anti-AIDS_vaccine_stopped/articleshow/2399834.cms.

guess it will take some more time till we can throw the rubbers away
Quote by EmeraldXecution
what the fuck does an auction
have to do with a drum battle?

god I wish I could post the pear here.....

Quote by roarinflames

btw youre avatar is great
couldnt help but laugh

Quote by bearded_monkey
I couldn't read that...I'm to mesmerized by your avatar...(in the gayest way possible)
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I hope it works.

Sad thing is most of the sufferers won't be able to afford the drug when it comes onto the market.

+1

also some hungry company will patent it and hence the people who need it most, basically millions of africans, won't be able to afford it and will die anyway.
bad buzz
Edit: Ah well

Quote by irishman
+1

also some hungry company will patent it and hence the people who need it most, basically millions of africans, won't be able to afford it and will die anyway.
bad buzz

Clinton administration removed patents on AIDs drugs for companies, government is more determined to rid the problem of AIDs than to make money- American lives are at stake if africa doesn't get the problem fixed. If it was 'just' an enzyme (I didn't read the articles), then it would be very inexpensive to mass produce.

At any rate, indian companies can produce generic (working) AIDs drugs at about 150 bucks a person for a year. GSK is an incredibly greedy company, did a debate on AIDs drugs and patents a while ago. Just do a little googling and you'll see how they play.
Who reads sigs anyway
Last edited by strong_wizard at Sep 25, 2007,
Quote by strong_wizard
Wouldn't expect somethign as simple as an enzyme to kill a virus which can mutate.

enzymes aren't that simple, lol.

Enzymes are involved in some of the most complex chemical processes in nature. Also, enzymes have been used for years to cleave and recombine DNA, which is basically what this does. It's just a case of determining the codons that code for the malignant part of the HIV virus and programming the enzyme to target them.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
enzymes aren't that simple, lol.

Enzymes are involved in some of the most complex chemical processes in nature. Also, enzymes have been used for years to cleave and recombine DNA, which is basically what this does. It's just a case of determining the codons that code for the malignant part of the HIV virus and programming the enzyme to target them.

If we knew this 'maglignant part' I don't think finding the sequence of the enzyme would be that much of a problem, but anyway, I just didn't expect something like a single enzyme to take out a virus of this nature. Most aids cures or drugs nowdays are focused on preventing ways in which the virus attacks, such as the receptors on the cells (which is why some people are immune to aids, as they lack the receptors on the cells to allow the virus to work).
Who reads sigs anyway
Quote by strong_wizard
Wouldn't expect somethign as simple as an enzyme to kill a virus which can mutate.

i hope this changes your mind (-:
Quote by EmeraldXecution

Quote by roarinflames

couldnt help but laugh

Quote by bearded_monkey
I couldn't read that...I'm to mesmerized by your avatar...(in the gayest way possible)
Last edited by Tim_N at Sep 25, 2007,
Quote by master
different story, different product.

Yeah, the product the TS posted, the story came out a week ago.

The other product was halted after 13 months of trial, and the news just came out today.

The first product was tested on human genome in a lab situation.

The second product was tested on animals then released to regular people.

I'm sure they're different
1st, theyr both in india, and the suggestes aids cure looked very promising.
the article saying that it failed was also talking about the most promising aids cure, that failed. in india.

hmmm that enzyme is a "Pepsine-Like Enzyme"
i just searched the keywords "enzyme" and "molecule" in google images, tons of these.
Quote by EmeraldXecution

Quote by roarinflames

couldnt help but laugh

Quote by bearded_monkey
Quote by Tim_N
1st, theyr both in india, and the suggestes aids cure looked very promising.
the article saying that it failed was also talking about the most promising aids cure, that failed. in india.

hmmm that enzyme is a "Pepsine-Like Enzyme"
i just searched the keywords "enzyme" and "molecule" in google images, tons of these.

That's a hell of a big pepsin-like enzyme... considering that pepsin is a digestive enzyme, with forty-odd amino acids in it's structure.
if these seems big to you, check this out:
Titin, world's biggest protein.
Chemical formula: C132983H211861N36149O40883S693
Chemical name: http://www.othyr.com/titin.html

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titin)
Quote by EmeraldXecution

Quote by roarinflames

couldnt help but laugh

Quote by bearded_monkey
Quote by daniel.mycoe
Haven't they found something in orange peel and other fruit skins that can possibly cure some forms of cancer? Don't you think with the millions of plants and food available out there, there's a cure for everything that's waiting to be discovered?

I have a hunch that the sweetcorn can cure all forms of disease....

I mean come on....just look at it...

*observes proudly*
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
I hate sweetcorn. They look like yellow teeth when you take them off the middle bit.
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
Quote by Donkey Fly
I have a hunch that the sweetcorn can cure all forms of disease....

I mean come on....just look at it...

*observes proudly*

You should be proud...
It's moments like this...*sniff*oh.. I'm okay, continue..
Quote by soulflyV
But the risk will be gone!

All they need now is one for herpes.

EDIT:

But only chicks get pregnant!!

>_>

<_<

Does your girl have herpes then?
YAY now we can run around shagging everyone without worry!!!!!!=]
Ibanez S470
Boss ME-50...
Some old amp...

Even if a cure is found, it will not be mass marketed. There is just too much money being made from AID's patients right now. If they are all cured, then there is no more money coming in. Someone with AID's needs to constantly pay out the nose for their treatment, whereas a cure can be done in a few sessions.

Sounds cruel, but it's true. Doctors have already found cures for cancer and diabetes but it's just too much of a money loss.
High as tits
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
Even if a cure is found, it will not be mass marketed. There is just too much money being made from AID's patients right now. If they are all cured, then there is no more money coming in. Someone with AID's needs to constantly pay out the nose for their treatment, whereas a cure can be done in a few sessions.

Sounds cruel, but it's true. Doctors have already found cures for cancer and diabetes but it's just too much of a money loss.

Ibanez S470
Boss ME-50...
Some old amp...

Quote by Tim_N
sorry guys, http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/Human_trials_of_anti-AIDS_vaccine_stopped/articleshow/2399834.cms.

guess it will take some more time till we can throw the rubbers away

That's a different treatment.
It doesn't even mention the TRE enzyme
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Quote by Suicidal_Brick

There's a legitimite cure for all types of cancer and diabetes? I'm not saying you're lying, im just saying i don't believe it.
Page 1 of 2