i used to play guitar a lot. like, over 2 hrs a day and i loved it. i was so excited to play, you know? ...but over the past year i've gotten so far away from playing its just not cool. i've been trying to get a band together but with my girlfriend around all the time i've got almost no time to practice.

i have very little inspiration anymore. its almost gone, but i want it...need it...back. any suggestions?
Trash your relationship with your girlfriend.
You'll have more time to practice and missing her will inspire you to write songs.

... or you might just end up wanking it with all that extra time.
I haven't really worked out all the details.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Trash your relationship with your girlfriend.
You'll have more time to practice and missing her will inspire you to write songs.

... or you might just end up wanking it with all that extra time.
I haven't really worked out all the details.

LMAO
i am losing my inspiration with playing guitar mainly cause i just play songs of bands i like. Now i am going to try recording my own songs and see where it takes me.
same thing happened to me. i got bored of playing in front oof the computer everyday.
stopped playing seriously fopr like 9 months. told myself that ill get back to guitar when i get a band.

still waiting.
Quote by EmeraldXecution
what the fuck does an auction
have to do with a drum battle?

god I wish I could post the pear here.....

Quote by roarinflames

btw youre avatar is great
couldnt help but laugh

Quote by bearded_monkey
I couldn't read that...I'm to mesmerized by your avatar...(in the gayest way possible)
yeah it blows. i try to practice but when i pick up the guitar i only know power chords, a few scales, full chords and thats about it. I don't really know how to improvise too well so yeah, it just sucks because i don't think i'm good and then i get all sad and just play guitar hero a bit. makes me feel better.
Quote by StJimmy88
yeah it blows. i try to practice but when i pick up the guitar i only know power chords, a few scales, full chords and thats about it. I don't really know how to improvise too well so yeah, it just sucks because i don't think i'm good and then i get all sad and just play guitar hero a bit. makes me feel better.

Learn more theory?
Quote by StJimmy88

You know scales but you can't improvise? What the hell did you learn scales for?

Just play along with a backing track in the same key as the scale you want to use...
well, i learned scales and then i lost interest because i was thinking there were too many scales to learn. then i thought well, all the solos and stuff i make kinda suck, so...yeah. thats where i pretty much lost inspiration =(

i need to build up finger speed and creativity to improvise stuff i like