Would you recommend a copy version of a gibson flying v? What's the difference between an original and a copy. I mean, I've heard that copies can sometimes sound as good as originals, but a second opinion would be cool.

Another thing, look at this pic of a gibson flying v copy:

And compare it with this one (original):

Look at the neck right down by the very high notes (near the body, away from the headstock). Why does the copy look sharper and more triangle shaped compared to the original?
Hmm... interesting pickguard on the original.
But as for your question, the Gibson has a sort of a cutaway there near the neck so the upper frets are better accessable, better than the copy anyway.
ESP LTD M-400
Marshall JCM 800 2205 Halfstack
Dunlop Crybaby
Keeley BOSS SD-1
MXR 10 band EQ
iSP Decimator
Quote by WtrPlyr
The difference is that the original is a gibson and the copy not...

Go home.

TS, it's mostly the psychological effect of a different pickguard, and the bottom of the body is wider on the Gibson.

If you're looking for a Flying V, look at the Epiphone Flying V, which no doubt Gibson lovers will flame me for, but Epi quality is far more consistant and it's not 'technically' a copy.
Quote by Don_Humpador

If you're looking for a Flying V, look at the Epiphone Flying V, which no doubt Gibson lovers will flame me for, but Epi quality is far more consistant and it's not 'technically' a copy.

Good advice
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Not sure if your looking for a Flying V however if you google "Gibson Flying V Faded 3 Pickup" you find them being sold for around $750...obviously its a bit different than the V's you posted however it still looks pretty cool .

If your from Canada or the U.S you can try this site.

http://www.lamusic.ca/default.asp?szNav=Product&PID=20676#

Go to this page to hear my original song recordings

Click Here
I'm broke as **** I can't afford 750 dollars. In fact, I've never spent anywhere near that much on something...

original = GIBSON (maybe epiphone as they are sister compnay with gibson_
copy = everything else which usually sucks,

you wont beat the true gibson flying v if ur not willing to pay atleast $750
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by ChazBcWarlock

you wont beat the true gibson flying v if ur not willing to pay atleast $750

It could be copyright issues for the company that makes the copy. The Gibson in the first one, is it left handed? The controls are on the left side.

http://www.gibson.com/en%2Dus/Divisions/Gibson%20USA/Guitars/Flying%20V/V%2DFactor%20New%20Century/

That one kind of looks like the one on the first post.

And "Copy" guitars can be good too. Look at Agiles and Jay Turser, great for the $.
Quote by Don_Humpador

I played a gibson and epi explorers and flying vs back to back, and i was very suprised by the sound and feel of the epis. They werent quite as good as the gibsons, but they were very close. The flying v had a weird rubber leg thing on the bottom of the v, but otehr than that it had a good, full bodied and slightly brighter tone than the gibson. I liked it alot and would have bought it over the gibson v, especially on a budget. It did have a slightly higher action and hte feel wasnt quite gibson, but it was still very good and the neck was just the right thickness for that model, not too thick and not too thin. Id reccomend trying the epi. Compare it to the gibson too, if you can, it will make you feel pretty good abut trying the epi.

I dont know what you play, but it got a good rockish tone out of a vox valvtronics. Not quite smooth enough for blues or heavy enough for metal, but for classic or alt rock i think it would work really well.
Quote by Vornik
Wow you just made us all look retarded for not suggesting that...

Quote by Doppleganger
Dude,

I can use Google.
Quote by casualty01
13 yr olds should not attempt to make "points". Especially with their heads firmly lodged up their fucking ass.
look into faded gibson vs, you can pick them up cheap used and theyre made to the same specs as the 67. epi vs are alright but they need better pickups
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by ChazBcWarlock

Says the guy with a strat copy and a modelling amp
depends on the brand of the copy. If it's one of those cheap no-name brands, or it's described as being "eximious and happy-making good lucky!" on ebay, stay well clear.

if it's an edwards, tokai, or other similar japanese copy, then go for it. EDIT: punk ninja beat me to it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The main difference is the Gibson you have pictured is a lefty and the copy is a righty

The other differences can be the brand/type of pickups, materials used, and quality of assembly. Gibsons are more expensive mostly on reputation (and I love my Gibson) but even a cheap $200 has the "potential" to sound or play as well. That is why you should play them back to back, ON THE SAME AMP, and make up you own mind.

BTW, I totally agree with these guys on Japanese guitars. They are absolutely kick ass in quality. I'm going to Japan next January and plan to pickup as many as three new guitars...
Quote by Dave_Mc
depends on the brand of the copy. If it's one of those cheap no-name brands, or it's described as being "eximious and happy-making good lucky!" on ebay, stay well clear.

if it's an edwards, tokai, or other similar japanese copy, then go for it. EDIT: punk ninja beat me to it.

Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Quote by SgtBeavis
The main difference is the Gibson you have pictured is a lefty and the copy is a righty

The other differences can be the brand/type of pickups, materials used, and quality of assembly. Gibsons are more expensive mostly on reputation (and I love my Gibson) but even a cheap $200 has the "potential" to sound or play as well. That is why you should play them back to back, ON THE SAME AMP, and make up you own mind.

BTW, I totally agree with these guys on Japanese guitars. They are absolutely kick ass in quality. I'm going to Japan next January and plan to pickup as many as three new guitars...

Quote by johnny_tapia

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd go for the Epi
aren't Gibson faded series, just Gibsons that didn't pass some test, then had their paintjob mucked up a little? I read it on here
Also listen to Dave_Mc, thats all.