Fender Mexico Standard Telecaster MN MW Upgrade, Mexico, Body Alder, Maple Neck, 21 Frets, 2 Single coils, Color Midnight Wine

Whats MN MW Upgrade?
For approx E500. Is it a good deal?
not sure what the abbreviations stand for exactly, but the standard (mexican made) telecasters were upgraded in 2005-6, to include a better finish, better electronics, frets, and trem blocks (strats)

mw might have to do with the poly finish. you can check the fender web.

in the US it's a $400 guitar.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--FEN135102

edit: when i look it up i get MN MW = molecular weight. i think it's just the better finish. but i could be wrong, i mean when i first looked i thought MN was going to be mex made in 19--
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Sep 25, 2007,
I think MN is the colour, midnight wine.

And for about 500 euro's, its a pretty good deal. Though you could check on www.musicstore.de I don't know what the mex tele goes for on there, but I'm gonna buy my lite ash tele from them with a 450 price tag.
^ Maple neck, midnight wine is what I assumed those letters stand for.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
nah it's not the color^ might be the neck.

because the neck was upgraded (finish and frets)

ive seen LH for left handed. and MN when the color was other than midnight wine.
i think that's a coincidence
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

even so, even without any upgrades it'd be a good deal for any european fellow and or gal. Though I suppose it would be nice to know what's actually better about it, before he can start bragging to his friends
^well the upgrades were all listed last year.

the finish, the frets, the pups, some shielding, the trem block in the strats, and i think a crappy gig bag.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Then we're all set! where can I read up on these upgrades though? this is the first I have heard of it.
^cool
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

get a blade instead. you can get them for £350 (or 500 euro) on thomann. Actually, now I think of it, thomann only stock the blade strats. would be worth looking into a blade though. much nicer than a MIM, if you ask me, for the same price. as jenny says, it's a $400 (i.e. £200 or 300 euro) guitar in the US. we're getting gipped in europe in other words.

tokai, if you can find one, would also be worth a look.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
get a blade instead. you can get them for £350 (or 500 euro) on thomann. Actually, now I think of it, thomann only stock the blade strats. would be worth looking into a blade though. much nicer than a MIM, if you ask me, for the same price. as jenny says, it's a $400 (i.e. £200 or 300 euro) guitar in the US. we're getting gipped in europe in other words.

tokai, if you can find one, would also be worth a look.

i already have a strat, albeit a bad one-i've just been interested in a tele lately. i think the MN might mean maple neck. this guitar is on thomann. are they a good shop? I'm thinkin of saving up for this either. what do you think?
^it's a good guess but i cant find any listed as RN for rosewood.

i think it just goes along with the mw on the poly finish.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by troykeenan
i already have a strat, albeit a bad one-i've just been interested in a tele lately. i think the MN might mean maple neck. this guitar is on thomann. are they a good shop? I'm thinkin of saving up for this either. what do you think?

oh, i meant blade make teles too. just last time i looked, thomann didn't seem to stock them.

That being said, now that I remember the teles are actually a little cheaper than the strats... i know my local shop (in northern ireland) quoted me £350 for the alder blade tele (RRP is £379 i think, so you could doubtless do even a bit better than that), which is a similar (ish) price to a MIM tele, and if you ask me, the blade is nicer. the only problem is, if you want a maple fretboard, you have to go to a more expensive model.

worth considering, at least, if you ask me. especially if you can find somewhere handy to try them out.

never ordered anything from thomann, but they're a big, well-known shop... i think they're legit, ok.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
heard some good things and some bad about teles. As always, try it out before you actually buy it. everyone is different.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
The updated Tele's sound exactly the same as the pre-updated Tele's. The vaunted "pickup upgrade" is minimal at best.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
-SD "Pearly Gates" bridge pickup
-50's style wiring
Digitech RP150
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Electro-Harmonix LPB-1 Linear Power Booster
Peavey Windsor Studio

= My amp on crack
^still the frets and finish feel different, and the chambers are shielded better.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62