Hi!
I got my first Amp, an AD15VT. At first I thought there was something wrong with it because it produces some noise/hiss. A friend of mine told me it was normal but he hasn't heard it yet, so I I wasn't sure if it is normal or not.
I took it to the music store, the owner (seems to be a nice and honest person) also told me it was normal and I also heard others amps, and yes! all produce a similar noise.

Yesterday I was reading some posts in valvetronix.net and I found this one:
http://www.valvetronix.net/forum/ad15vt-background-noise-vt699.html?highlight=noise

The same noise/hiss with the same model.

Now I know is normal, but I was wondering What if I use the Ebtech Hum x Hum Exterminator. Maybe it will reduce some of the noise.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ebtech-Hum-X-Hum-Exterminator?sku=150452

- Has anyone used it before?
- Will it help reduce the noise?

EDIT:
The hum doesn't comes form the single coils. The amp produces that noise with no guitar or cable plugged in.
It's the normal hum, I just wanna know if it's possible reduce it.
Thanks
Thanks
Last edited by ++salas++ at Sep 25, 2007,
dont spend a hundred bucks trying to get rid of hum on an ad15.

what type of guitar are u using with it?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
dont spend a hundred bucks trying to get rid of hum on an ad15.

what type of guitar are u using with it?

It's a cheap guitar with single coils a friend mine lent me, but the hiss is not coming form the guitar neither the cable but the poweramp.
ok, cheap single coiled guitars hum, but if u're sure, id just save for a new amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011