Right so the spiders fear thread arrowsed this question.

I heard daddy long legs are poisonous but cant peirce the skin ect ect, you've all heard it before.

NOW, apparently we eat a lot of spiders in our sleep per year.

So...what if we eat a daddy long legs O.O
NO! god damn it! I answered this in there!

And yes, they do have a little venom in them, it will just make you itchy.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Eat a lot of spiders a year?....

Edit:Isn't that supposed to be some stupid story to scare kids or something?....Sounds bul**** that we don't choke on them.
Last edited by Virtuoso883 at Sep 25, 2007,
Quote by denizenz
I think the average is 17, all while sleeping of course.

What about those big hairy ones?

There not poisonous according to mythbusters. Jamie got bitten and nothing happpened.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
I heard their fangs (?!) or whatever are too bent back to be able to bite a human at all/properly, but if they could they could give you a nasty bite.

So I heard. Look really closely at their faces. They look so funny. If I open the door at night for a second about 5 come in, then fly into the ceiling repeatedly.
Quote by Jackolas
I heard their fangs (?!) or whatever are too bent back to be able to bite a human at all/properly, but if they could they could give you a nasty bite.

So I heard. Look really closely at their faces. They look so funny. If I open the door at night for a second about 5 come in, then fly into the ceiling repeatedly.

I feel like I just entered a different dimension. You're talking about the Daddy Longlegs spider right?
Quote by blue_strat
I read somewhere that it was 8 or 9 over your lifetime ...

well if you read up there it says 17 a year.
Quote by denizenz
I feel like I just entered a different dimension. You're talking about the Daddy Longlegs spider right?

AH I thought this might be the problem.

There's a daddy long legs missing a leg (yeah they like to fall off).
Quote by denizenz

He could be talking about Daddy Long Legs as opposed to Daddy Long Leg Spiders.

I'm just thrilled that my thread has inspired two others.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

The name Daddy longlegs (or Daddy Long Legs, Granddaddy longlegs, Dandy longlegs, etc.) has multiple uses.

In the animal kingdom, Daddy longlegs is an ambiguous common name referring to several unrelated terrestrial arthropods which have in common extremely long slender legs. Its use is highly regional, so the "Daddy longlegs" of one area is completely different from another. It may refer to:

A crane fly (Tipulidae) (in U.K. English), which is an insect. In Scotland it is also called a "Jenny longlegs".
A harvestman (Opiliones) (in American English), which is an arachnid.
A Daddy long-legs spider (several Pholcidae, but most often Pholcus phalangioides), which is a true spider.

There we go homies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crane_fly Are they common in the states too?
Quote by denizenz
I think the average is 17, all while sleeping of course.

I think I remember reading somewhere the average human being eats 20 spiders in their life time...

But I COULD be wrong of course.
Quote by denizenz
They aren't venomous...and they can bite. Watch more Mythbusters.

That was wrong

It's been widely reported by scientists that they DO have one of th emost toxic venoms in the world [mainly for other sorts of animals they like to eat] , they just dont have a needle that can pierce human skin and it's never been tested on a mammal, just sort of scienced up

That mythbusters experiment started with them saying they can't pierce the skin, so why the hell did they bother seeing if they'd sting him
Last edited by philipisabeast at Sep 25, 2007,
daddy long legs arent technically spiders. neither are daddy long leg spiders. they look similar but in fact are not. and no they cannot poison a human. and yes they can bite a human.
Quote by gallagher2006
I think I remember reading somewhere the average human being eats 20 spiders in their life time...

But I COULD be wrong of course.

Maybe I'm getting mixed up and it's 17-20 in a lifetime instead of annually. It's been a while since I heard/read that and it's not a fact that I would have taken the time to check or test through observation.
Quote by denizenz
^^ Isn't that just a mosquito?

Wow, who knew?

Nope they be crane flys. They are waaay bigger than mosquitos.
Quote by Jackolas
AH I thought this might be the problem.

There's a daddy long legs missing a leg (yeah they like to fall off).

I'm pretty sure that's a cranefly.
EDIT: K I guess you knew that
Peepee on yo tittays
To clear up confusion: there are two different kings daddy long legs.

- Here in the UK we call crane flies daddy long legs

They are 100% harmless and they fly about the place like mad creatures.

- In the USA i believe that your daddy long legs is a daddy long legs spider.

I know nothing about these.
What's the difference between a chickpea and a lentil?
I've never paid to have a lentil on my face!
There's another kind of Daddy Long-Leg that's like the Spider, it's got eight legs, but it hasn't got the three segments to it. It just kinda looks like a head with legs.
Quote by vintage x metal

^ There are two types of daddy long legs in the UK

Like, they crane flys come out later in the year near autumn etc

Or at least thats what the Richard and Judy show says
Quote by Jack Off Jill
There's another kind of Daddy Long-Leg that's like the Spider, it's got eight legs, but it hasn't got the three segments to it. It just kinda looks like a head with legs.

yeh, these

I like wikipedia

all the info is here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daddy_longlegs
What's the difference between a chickpea and a lentil?
I've never paid to have a lentil on my face!
Quote by Miracle_Man
yeh, these

I like wikipedia

all the info is here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daddy_longlegs

The ones in Missouri look different than that. They've got skinnier and longer legs, and look goofier.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by blue_strat
I read somewhere that it was 8 or 9 over your lifetime ...

That's what I've heard too, repeatedly. I can imagine the number varies alot, though, depending on where you live, how you live e.t.c.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Eurgh, I fuckin' hate those bastards. There's two dead on my carpet as I'm writing this.

Ugly bastards.

Oh, and I don't eat spiders in my sleep. I refuse to believe that.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Jack Off Jill
NO! god damn it! I answered this in there!

And yes, they do have a little venom in them, it will just make you itchy.

All spiders have a small amount of venom. Just that most of them don't have enough to really make a noticeable difference.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT