I figure I'd start out with a thread about these guys, one of the most influencial and underated old school death metal bands. My favorite albums by them are Consuming Impulse and Testimony of the Ancients. So discuss this legendary band!
Bought the CI/TotA split thingy. Pretty cool, but nothing that really caught my ear.
Quote by 'rockintheblues 14, 2007 2:38 am'
but i really do hate you and hope you and everyone you love is killed in the worst possible ways. i hope i get to spit in your eyes as you let out your final breath
Those F**kers said, live on mtv, they'd use deathmetal only to make money. They only wanted to make jazz music. They stabbed all their fans in the back!

They got no heart, no sool and no more fans

I say F**k 'm let'm burn
^w/e I'm still a Pestilence fanboy.

btw TS, there are already two Pestilence threads in existence.
I knew they left to pursue their other musical projects i.e Just do Jazz.

But are you sure they said that? Any links?
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Ug's Drunken Irishman prevails over existence once again +All UG'S Point to you my drunken irish friend.

Black/Folk Metal
I know there are several other threads about them.

I just got Consuming Impulse and its so good. And link about their comments or it never happened.
Quote by biteme398
I know there are several other threads about them.

I just got Consuming Impulse and its so good. And link about their comments or it never happened.

Yeah the music is great. Absolutly.

But link it or it never happend? What kind of dumb thing is that?

You are maybe young, but i'm an old man now. I have seen pestilence live..it was awesome..

I few weeks later we where watching mtv headbangersball. Interview with pestilence, and there he said it. live on tv. we could'nt believe it. but it's true, man. I got no link, but it happend
It would make sense with albums like spheres. But who makes money off death metal? Stupid genre choice guys. Defy Thy Master and Chronic Infection are awesome songs.
They're a Great band, sorely underrated.

But i'm with the guy above me, if they wanted to make money, Death Metal is a really shitty choice, hahaha.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
^^Pat Mameli is currently in C-187 with Tony Choy and Sean Reinert.

/metal-archives.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
So Pestilence is forming too. Patrick has a new lineup as well as a new CD at some point. Anyone else hear about it?
Quote by biteme398
So Pestilence is forming too. Patrick has a new lineup as well as a new CD at some point. Anyone else hear about it?

Yup, I'm excited, they're too good too stop making records.
Its just Patrick with a new line-up, I reckon its gonna suck arse. Also, I smell a cash-in.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Yeah, I don't think it'll amount to much, and they probably won't even get to America. Martin said in an interview that Pat doesn't even want to play the classic songs.
c-187 aint bad if you like some more prog metal and modern vocals. it has the old pestilence fell to it!
Testimony of The Ancients is kicking my ass right now.. damn I forgot how good this album is, my endless listening of Consuming Impulse was warped my mind.

In a good way.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Pestilence are a lot like Impetigo, a legendary band that lies completely in the background. Massively talented and influential. If you don't know either of these bands you are a failure at metal.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

Quote by Terror Kovenant
Pestilence are a lot like Impetigo, a legendary band that lies completely in the background. Massively talented and influential. If you don't know either of these bands you are a failure at metal.

i dont know wo Impetigo were\are! But im a pestilence fan! + you forgot to say die hard metal fans! Majority of metalfans dont know Pestilence and its a shame!
Quote by torturer6067
i dont know wo Impetigo were\are! But im a pestilence fan! + you forgot to say die hard metal fans! Majority of metalfans dont know Pestilence and its a shame!

Well thats the thing, you're not really a metalhead unless you're familiar with all the legendary bands, even the hard to find ones like Impetigo and Pestilence. To fill you in, Impetigo were a Death/Goregrind band that came to be around 86 or 87. They were one of the first bands to popularize sampling in tracks and really popularized the underground goregrind following. They of course, are overshadowed by Carcass, but are still a very important band. They split up awhile ago, but they played a 20th anniversary show. I do know some secrets about them though muahaha.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

anyway i find c-187 collision to be a very strange record! i like some parts and riffs than again i hate the vocals and the nu-metal hc rap in it!
Epic bump for justice.. Martin Van Drunen > John Tardy in terms of absolute vocal insanity.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested