Page 1 of 3
hey guys... Have almost definitely decided on buying an ESP EC500... except i'm stuck between which colour i want... basically i just want opinions on which one of these is hotter... the black!? or the brushed metallicy colour?!

Black

Black Satin

any reasons why would be appreciated but even just a simple opinion will be appreciated..
*ESP Viper 400 (Olympic White)
*Marshall AVT275
*Boss GT-8
*Burns Red Special Replica (original colours)
*Marshall MG10CD
*Vox 10watt preamp (for creating Brian May replica sounds)
*Fender Squire Strat (red w/ white scratch plate) - My 1st
Last edited by ESPviper400 at Sep 25, 2007,
Brushed metallicy colour.

It looks cooler, and doesn't leave fingerprints all over the body.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Quote by Fidge-Fedge
i adore the black one, i reckon you cant beat a guitar that shines like that =)

agreed. it does like nicer with a shine
“This was a manuscript of the night we couldn’t read.”
the brushed metallic one definately
(also because it look better without inlays)
i agreee
the shiny one looks ****ing awesomenesssific

but you will have fingerprints all over it in seconds and then it will look ****e
especially under stage lights

just my opinion

either way ther fckn smexy
Quote by AvengedThrice
Best thread name EVER.

Just attack 'em with some pliers dude.

about me XD

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote:

I wish I was gay.
if i remember correctly the matte black one is a better guitar. but i may be wrong
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Love the shine on the black one but it's gonna be fingerprinty as hell. I'd still go with it though >_>;
shiny one looks good, BUT you'll get fingerprints like no tomorrow...
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Quote by ItWillDo
Brushed metallicy colour.

It looks cooler, and doesn't leave fingerprints all over the body.

seriously. The metallic colour looks more professional and you'll get less tired looking at it on the guitar stand as opposed to the same old regular black, which too many guitars have.
There is no end to creation.
by the looks of it, you're at an almost even split...

it went:

black
brushed
black
brushed
black
brushed
black

so to break the pattern (and because I really like the shine, and inlays)

go with shiny black :]
Quote by Altoidwithmelon
Hambonicus, that was epic with a side of win

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

Proud member of the "I don't believe in global warming clan".
i have to say it was worth your while providing a pic considering they both look exactly the same in the photos.

EDIT: also i'd advise going with an edwards instead. how much is the LTD 500?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the black is gorgous before it starts to get scratched and full of fingerprints. It will lose that shining look in a couple of years if you're not EXTREMELLY careful with it

brushed also catch some fingerprints and dirty fingers' s stuff but less than the first one
i can see why it's tough to decide.....both look incredible. i say flip a coin, best 2 out of 3 it is
Quote by alex_haeni
Bahah, i just got BUTSECKS to work.
Quote by Dave_Mc
i have to say it was worth your while providing a pic considering they both look exactly the same in the photos.

EDIT: also i'd advise going with an edwards instead. how much is the LTD 500?

they look far from exactly the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and its under £600...
*Marshall AVT275
*Boss GT-8
*Marshall MG10CD
Quote by ESPviper400
they look far from exactly the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and its under £600...

i know but they look the same in the photos.

http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/webshop/guitar/esp/edwards/elp105ce.htm

http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/webshop/guitar/esp/edwards/elp110ctm.htm

http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/webshop/guitar/esp/edwards/elp85cd.htm
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

except all those guitars were ugly... well the black was nice but it had the black/white Seymour Duncans on it which i don't like..

oh and by the way everyone apparently the colour of the second guitar as named by ESP is Black Satin...
*Marshall AVT275
*Boss GT-8
*Marshall MG10CD
fair enough, but if you ask me they're nicer than LTD's for less cash.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
black satin defo, looks metal as **** and also has the advantage of not being a fingerprint magnet.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by Dave_Mc

you didn't answer the question though lol... which one do you prefer?! black?! or black satin!?

thanks...
*Marshall AVT275
*Boss GT-8
*Marshall MG10CD
Does it really matter which one WE prefer? It's going to be YOUR guitar...

Regardless, I'm a complete sucker for satin finishes, and I would have taken the satin black one in less than a heartbeat if I were you.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by ESPviper400
except all those guitars were ugly... well the black was nice but it had the black/white Seymour Duncans on it which i don't like..

oh and by the way everyone apparently the colour of the second guitar as named by ESP is Black Satin...

dude stop being so ****ing entry level...
Quote by ESPviper400

Quote by Dave_Mc

There's no hope now...
Quote by cheames
dude stop being so ****ing entry level...

I'm sorry????
*Marshall AVT275
*Boss GT-8
*Marshall MG10CD
Quote by ESPviper400
I'm sorry????

He is telling you to quit oggling the finish, and start looking at the actual quality of the build.

Buying a lower quality instrument because it is more visually appealing is shallow and stupid.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Get the black satin!!! The inlays look really dumb
Ibanez RGT42FX
Vox AD30VT-XL

Quote by Attack
No. In Soviet Russia, Hell goes to you,
Quote by ESPviper400
you didn't answer the question though lol... which one do you prefer?! black?! or black satin!?

thanks...

the edwards.

and apart from anything, i said i couldn't tell any difference from the pics... i'd need to see them in real life...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd say the Satin Black. Look the guy wants this guitar, so why stop him? Then acutely sound quite nice for metal. And looks do effect playing believe it or not. You need to be comfortable with your guitar to really get into it and play to your full potential. Although for the record, Edwards guitars are very nice as well.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by dead-fish
He is telling you to quit oggling the finish, and start looking at the actual quality of the build.

Buying a lower quality instrument because it is more visually appealing is shallow and stupid.

Well as far as im concerned looks are important... i mean im never going to buy an ugly guitar no matter how good it is... instead ill buy a good guitar that i like the look of as well... so its hardly being shallow and stupid to say i dont like the way something looks...
*Marshall AVT275
*Boss GT-8
*Marshall MG10CD
i just spotted what your amp is in your sig. get a new amp first.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
whats wrong with my amp!?? sounds and plays beautiful!! lol
*Marshall AVT275
*Boss GT-8
*Marshall MG10CD
ok i tried...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I love the satin one. You can really see fingerprints etc. on shiny black
WTLTL 2011
ok now youve lost me... :S
*Marshall AVT275
*Boss GT-8
*Marshall MG10CD
Page 1 of 3