I'm going to be moving soon, and I'll need to ship my amp across Canada with a courier/transport company to my new house. My question is about how to pack it for shipping? It's a small 5W tube practice amp, the peavey valveking royal 8. I still have the original box it came in, with the original styrofoam padding.

Will it be enough to wrap the amp in some layers of bubble-wrap, put it in the box with the styrofoam padding and fill up the insides of the box so it is secure and doesn't move around? Or do I need an amp case or something too? Also, will the tubes be safe?

I've never shipped an amp before, so I don't know how to do it. Thanks.
that'll be fine but i'd say it'd be safer to remove the tubes and safely wrap them too, just incase
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
that'll be fine but i'd say it'd be safer to remove the tubes and safely wrap them too, just incase

thanks for the info. That's what I'm going to do. Sounds like it should be safe this way.

I'm a n00b when it comes to tubes. So after I take the tubes out, and when the amp arrives, do I just put the tubes back in like how they were before, or is there anything else to do to them (not sure what biasing is). Or any precautions?
just take em out and pop em back in place where they were.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45