I'm currently at Aberyswyth university, where I'll be studying English and Creative Writing. I haven't started studying yet, but I'm already having a whale of a time.

The Good Points:
  • Everything is close together. I just have to walk down a hill to get to the bar, or the lecture theatres
  • Great entertainment. I've brought tickets to see Ardal O'Hanlan in October, and Andy Parsons in November. I also saw 28 Weeks Later at the bar, on a big screen thing that gets dragged down from the ceiling. I dunno what they're called
  • Roommates. They all like rock. One of them even likes Buckethead! I've never found anyone who's even heard of Buckethead before! Well, obviously you lot have, but I mean actual real people. The pit is not real people.
  • I've started reading the first book that we'll be studying for English. It's "Doctor Faustus" by Christopher Marlowe, and it's actually really cool
  • The girls here are amazingly good-looking. And clever too, obviously, otherwise they wouldn't be here.

The Bad Points:
  • I still don't know if I'm spelling Aberyswyth right
  • I'm in an all-male flat.

Oh, and I'm doing a Greek Classics module too. Most of it I've already covered at college, so that should be easy enough.

*awaits hilarious ridicule, lol wut pears, and icy hot. Maybe possibly even lol wut pears rubbing icy hot onto a barrel roll.*
i went there 2 year ago (we stayed in pembroke (as usual) but we went for my sister to check out the uni (shes at manchester) and me and my friend spat on this history exhibition on pots and stuff, and on one of the entrances it had a counting machine thingy that counted the amount of people entering, and me and my friend got it 1000 higher than it was...so immature

monsta edit: and we prank called the office thingy at aberwyshnfdnth(fu<k spelling that), mars company and other stuff...i have no ideea why
Last edited by ze monsta at Sep 25, 2007,
welcome to wales dude
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I know someone at Aberystjkl;wyth Uni, and he's apparently having a great time. Good place to go.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Yeah my sister tried her hardest to get into Abersyytsyhstywyhsh, as did all her friends. It's supposed to be fantastic, more or less a student town. Enjoy Minkaro
Interesting thread this...

I really want to go to a good Uni now. Really really.

I am having to do some resits for AS though as well as A2. I'm working my arse off so far.
Quote by Jackolas
Interesting thread this...

I really want to go to a good Uni now. Really really.

I am having to do some resits for AS though as well as A2. I'm working my arse off so far.

My girlfriend tried to get me to go to uni, but to be honest the only reason I'd be going is so I could say "I went to university". I'm fed up of education, I'm really enjoying working. Mmm money
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
My girlfriend tried to get me to go to uni, but to be honest the only reason I'd be going is so I could say "I went to university". I'm fed up of education, I'm really enjoying working. Mmm money

Ah I'm glad someone else see's the issue about people going for the hell of it/working up debt/wasting time, etc.

Thing is I do want to do something with it (at this moment in time). Other people are "I REALLY WANNA GO TO UNI!" then you ask them what will they do when they finish - they have no clue.

I'm not rushing off to Uni, I'm having a year out (I'm actually at uni age now but did my GCSEs at college) so I can really think about it, and choices. Oh and get some experience, work and travel.
^Sounds like a plan mate

But did you read about that bloke who did what's basically Rocket Science at uni, came back, couldn't find work, and got a job as a plumber instead? What's more, he's earning MORE than he would have done doing his rocketeering or whatever. There must be other people too.
Quote by kaptink
Whats the Greek Classics module like? this interests me!

Haven't started it yet, but I do know that it covers The Odyssey and the Aenied.

I may have spell Aenied wrong, I never got the hang of that word.

In response to Jackolas' post about the people who have no idea what they want to do...I'm kind of like that, but I wasn't dying to get to uni. I enjoy reading and writing, which is why I'm doing English, but I honestly don't know what job I want out of it
I understand you Minkaro - I'm doing English Lang + Lit at A2.

How is it at uni so far? I've thought about doing it, though I'm not so sure I will. I still need to decide myself whats gonna happen.
Quote by Jackolas
I understand you Minkaro - I'm doing English Lang + Lit at A2.

How is it at uni so far? I've thought about doing it, though I'm not so sure I will. I still need to decide myself whats gonna happen.

I've been here a week, so I can't give you the grizzled veteran account. So far it's been great though. I've made more friends in my time here than I did during my entire school or college life.