I was thinking of buying my 3rd electric guitar

and I need to choose between a Fender Telecaster or a Gibson / Epiphone Explorer.

I'd probably be playing between Rock / Indie / Alternative the majority of the time, maybe sliding into a few other styles.

So I ask thee help me decide.

Oh and just now I have a Squire Strat and Westfield Les Paul both of which I'm not too happy with.
I also own an acoustic, it's not a cutaway so I thought a Semi-Acoustic withh cutaway would value both the acoustic and electric, but I'd need help choosing a decent one.

If you have any other suggestions to suit the style or what ever please inform
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
Last edited by Scrubs at Sep 25, 2007,
what amp are u using?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
ahh right forgot that, ehm
Marshall MG DFX 250
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
^ ooooooooooo, maybe a new amp before guitar?
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
get a new amp
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
ahaha :P

hmm any recommendations then ;]

I'm thining of line 6 spider or a crate.
Quote by MetalHead73

Last edited by Scrubs at Sep 25, 2007,
how much money are you willing to spend? Factoring in that you should get around £170 for the MG if you decide to sell it.

EDIT: Don't get Line 6 Spider or Crate halfstack solid states.
Hmm wouldn't know considering at the momeny I broke, but something to save for, but probably no more thant £300
Quote by MetalHead73

Quote by Scrubs

I'm thining of line 6 spider or a crate.

oh GOD NO!!!! Listen to above poster. Those amps are supposed to be good.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
haha already have, lol :P I'll defo be going for one of the two
Quote by MetalHead73

it doesnt matter what guitar you get, if u get stuck in the solid state, high watt digital effects world.

if you have a budget, a music style, and info on where this amp will be used.

maybe you should start an amp thread.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
well I've already talked it through with Holicks and he has given me some good advice but thanks

i'll be saving up for a new amp
Quote by MetalHead73

Quote by Horlicks
Laney VC15 or VC30 depending on whether you are gigging or not

excellent call, that amp is almost made for the music he said he plays.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Id just like to throw in my advice on the guitars (in case you make some money and grab a new amp and guitar) seriously consider the epi over the gibson, especially if youre getting an amp as well, i played gibson and epi flying vs and explorers back to back, and i must say, if i had to choose even with an unlimited budget, id almost buy the epi. Both sounded as good plugged in (gibbys had a bit more body while the epis were slightly brighter) and the gibsons had only minorly better feel. The explorer would work fairly well for your rock/alt stuff.

I played it through a vox valvetronix 30 watt, and it produced a good rock tone. Ive never played the laney's but i hear great things about them. What i liked about the vox was the wattage switch on the back, so you could turn the watts down and still crank the poweramp at lower volumes. seemed to work ok for the half hour played it.
Quote by Vornik
Wow you just made us all look retarded for not suggesting that...

Quote by Doppleganger
Dude,

I can use Google.
Quote by casualty01
13 yr olds should not attempt to make "points". Especially with their heads firmly lodged up their fucking ass.
^ I would look to an Peavey Windsor Studio or Laney VC15. They're cheap and all tube.