hey has anyone got a idea if that would work? if so will it be hard?
im new to customizing scene
Gibson SGs are too thin to have a floyd rose.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
^ Yeah, they are, also, it would look weird and you would need to do a fair bit of routing.

Conclusion: Nope, don't bother.
Doesnt one of the guitarist from Atreyu have a SG with a Floyd Rose?
^^ that i believe is an esp viper, slightly different. And i think it's possible if ibanez s guitars can handle a floyd so can a gibson sg
MY GEAR:

Ibanez S470
Vintage: VRS100
Fender FM100R 100WATT
Marshall: MG30DFX 30WATT
Digitech: RP350
Boss: DS-1
Jim Dunlop: Original Crybaby
Crafter: FX-550EQ
Orange: Mini- Krush

Add My Profile
Quote by guitarkp
^^ that i believe is an esp viper, slightly different. And i think it's possible if ibanez s guitars can handle a floyd so can a gibson sg

Yep its a Viper. If you want a SG with a FR you can pick up a top loading FR on ebay or somewhere. They just attach the the bridge and tail piece posts.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Tony Iommi has an SG with a Floyd Rose, so yes its possible. But as for your first mod.... Don't do it. It takes a lot of routing and precise measurements, and being off by an inch is enough to ruin your guitar. Start slow and work your way up.
^ Tony Iommi can afford an SG custom made to house a Floyd Rose.

Ibanez S series guitars have a ZR trem. It's made by Ibanez and doesn't use standard tremolo routing like Floyds or Fender style tremolos.

It could be possible to put a Floyd on an SG if you grinded down the tremolo block so it will fit inside the body, but you will need some nice equipment and you will loose a lot of sustain and tone.

You might want to think about a Kahler tremolo. It's designed to do Floyd Rose stuff, but uses very little routing, and even comes in a stud mounted version.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
^ Tony Iommi can afford an SG custom made to house a Floyd Rose.

It could be possible to put a Floyd on an SG if you grinded down the tremolo block so it will fit inside the body, but you will need some nice equipment and you will loose a lot of sustain and tone.

you sir, speak nothing but truth.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
I'd like to add that Ibanez S bodies are thicker in the centre than SG's.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)