YAY i just got a used 5150 and its pretty much a dream , well its better than my marshall when it comes to the BROOTAL , but the only problem is.....its really ugly. The guy abused it a bit , but the tolex is fine. So i need to find new parts , manly just knobs and a peavey logo and some screws and the top vents? anyone know where i can order some??

also he painted the grill a neon green.....i wanted to kill him but im just going to repaint it , any tips on opening this up?

Thank you
we must become the change we want to see.
Quote by Out_Of_Exile
YAY i just got a used 5150 and its pretty much a dream , well its better than my marshall when it comes to the BROOTAL , but the only problem is.....its really ugly. The guy abused it a bit , but the tolex is fine. So i need to find new parts , manly just knobs and a peavey logo and some screws and the top vents? anyone know where i can order some??

also he painted the grill a neon green.....i wanted to kill him but im just going to repaint it , any tips on opening this up?

Thank you

On an tangent to your problem, I saw a guy playing a 5150, and he removed the piece of wood between the tubes and the grill. It looked so awesome on stage. His tubes were glowing blue, so I guess that added to the coolness as well.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
whoa? blue?? ive seen those before , ive always wondered how that was. Are there any specific types of tubes that glow certain colors? i always though tubes glowing blue was a bad thing?
Where abouts do you live? There are a bunch of sites that sell logos, control knobs etc, just depends where you're from!
Ibanez S520EX with Seymour Duncan Blackouts
ESP EC401FM with EMG81/60
VHT Deliverance 60
Laney VH100R
Marshall JCM900 1960B
Maxon OD808
Quote by Out_Of_Exile
i always though tubes glowing blue was a bad thing?

It depends on the tube.
Quote by xTJx
On an tangent to your problem, I saw a guy playing a 5150, and he removed the piece of wood between the tubes and the grill. It looked so awesome on stage. His tubes were glowing blue, so I guess that added to the coolness as well.

i love sh*t like that!
immensly cool!
Top lel.
The blue thing is electrons. If your tube is glowing blue = electrons is in thier move = positive. Mostly seen in power tubes.
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
Quote by Persata
Where abouts do you live? There are a bunch of sites that sell logos, control knobs etc, just depends where you're from!

I live in Texas , Houston to be exactly.
Quote by Persata

I've only seen vibroworld.com in the states thus far in my limited searching. I'm also looking for knobs for my new (used) 5150. Do you know of any other sites?
"If you tell anybody about these trees.. I WILL CUT YOU!!" - Bob Ross

Gear
Ibanez RG470 | '87 Peavey Predator LMT
Peavey 5150!! | Vader 212!! | Crate GLX65
MXR Dime Dist | Crybaby | Boss TU-80 | ISP Decimator

My Band - Under the Blade