Hey all.
I've been starting to look for a new amp in the 650$ price range (consider that everything is a bit more expensive here in Sweden, so at least make an assumption of the price here). I mainly play 60's to 80's classic rock, for example Thin Lizzy, Van Halen, The Police, Skid Row, Rolling stones etc. etc.

I'm not really certain whether to have a tube amp or not, but as I've understood it I'm supposed to get one with at least one tube (like the Vox AD50VT, which I've been looking at). Solid state sucks, right?
Gibson SG Faded (Gibson Angus Young Signature humbucker)
Epiphone Valve Junior Combo V3

Marshall Bluesbreaker BB2 pedal
You should give a Peavey Windsor a try. They're supposed to be a JCM800 copy, so it should what you want. I hear they have a combo version coming out soon as well so that may be worth a look.
Quote by CJRocker
You should give a Peavey Windsor a try. They're supposed to be a JCM800 copy, so it should what you want. I hear they have a combo version coming out soon as well so that may be worth a look.

Thanks for the tip, I'm sure it's a good amp and all, but it costs as much as 770$ here

^ +1

look used?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
moved
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Check out the Laney VC's.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
where exactly is "here"? i mean, where are you located? if in a major US city, then craigslist might be your best bet

ahh well, kiwi lagoon might answer that question for me.
maybe a laney vc series, but they may be over-priced in sweden too... EDIT: or if you can wait for the peavey windsor studio combo...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've been looking at the Vox AD50VT aswell, is it a good amp?
It only costs ~640$ here anyway

The Vox is not a tube amp, its a solid state amp with one tube that supposedly makes it sound like a full tube amp. It doesn't sound any better than a full solid state amp. You can probably do better for your money. My bias is I prefer the sound of tubes. For more tube-like sound try out a Peavey Transtube. Solid state but closer to tube sound and very reliable.
Quote by Spadeace
www.4sound.se has the Peavey Windsor Studio for 601$ with todays' exchange rate of 6.65 SEK

Well, that sounds great and all, but a problem is that it's only 15W (which I didn't notice earlier). I might start playing small shows soon (got a gig in school for next year), and I want at least a 30-50W amp...

15w is enough for a gig. Especially if there are mics. But seriously, 15w is LOUD.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
plus i think you can up the wattage to 20 by switching tube types (that'll change the tone a bit too though).

I think 15-20 watt tube is fine for gigging if you don't need a loud pristine clean, but don't quote me.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?