Hello. I was saving up for a new bass, and it seems that I have just enough for The Fender Jaguar Bass. But here is the problem.
I'm not very sure if I should buy the Jaguar Bass right now, or save up for a Fender American[Jazz] or Sting Ray. Yes, I know the Fender American Jazz bass and the Sting ray have a better tone quality. But, It would take me a while to get enough money for the Fender american, and Stingray. What do yall think?
This is a case of going out and trying all of them. Believe me - the one you want will jump right out at you. I have no doubt about that. Consider it as if you'll have the bass forever - being frugal might be something you'll regret later. 6 months of saving doesn't really offset 20 years of happiness.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Save up for the Stingray. Trust me. Unless you don't like the tone or feel. Then look for a different bass.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
All 3 are very very different basses in terms of tone and the stingray is very different in it's feel. Like thefitz said you really need to try them out and one should stand out above the others. And don't think of the Jaguar as not being up to the standards of the Jazz an Stingray, it may be cheaper but I'd still count it as a pro level bass, don't let the lower price tag make you think it isn't, and it could have the tone you are looking for whereas the Jazz and Stingray don't quite cut it.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Like indie said, all those basses are very different in feel and tone.

Depends on the sound you're going for, and how much versatility you need. The Jaguar will prob have the most versatility though, given it has 10,000 switches
the Jag is a very nice bass. it could probably satisfy you for several years. it's not an
MIA Jazz, by no means. but it is one of my favorites, in it's price range. tough choice.
If you got the Jag, ad later on put some new pick-ups and maybe like a badass bridge of some sort, I imagine you would make out pretty good.
The new Jags come with BA2's i think. So its now even tougher!

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Just try every bass in the price range and one will jump out.

I tried a corvette with the tone rolled right down and I fell in love with it. Now I've been saving over 1.5 years to get one (low income sucks) and it should still be the right choice.

Remember, all of those are basses you could keep for life, and would never need to upgrade for quality, only to get different tones.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Does anyone know if the Jaguar is any good for slapping?
I know the american Fender is decent for slapping.
Quote by brentonkim
Does anyone know if the Jaguar is any good for slapping?
I know the american Fender is decent for slapping.

Oh yes. Two Jazz bass pickups + active electonics = great slap tone.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
That's what i was thinking. I mean it pretty much is a Jazz bass. and jazz basses are decent for slapping so..
2 and 2 together.
The only huge problem the Jag has is absolutely no pickup blend control. They're either on or off.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by thefitz
The only huge problem the Jag has is absolutely no pickup blend control. They're either on or off.

thats the only con on the jaguar in my opinion