I just got my 360 and for some reason i can't connect to xbox live, i'm going straight into the modem, and i run the connect test for the xbox, but it fails at the IP address test, anyone know whats up?
FlickR
iBanez Rg550 20th Anniversary.
iBanez GRG170DX W/ Dimarzio Steve's Special
VTM 60 Tube Head
Carvin Legacy Vai Cabinet 4x12 Cabinet
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
idk if this is the problem but: you should never connect straight into a modem. Im guesing you have DSl or cable. It should be first some kind of router connecting to the modem, then connecting by ethernet or wireless to ur xbox. And that could be the problem, cause the router deals with the IP addresses ..
SICfreak
Quote by sicfreak91
idk if this is the problem but: you should never connect straight into a modem. Im guesing you have DSl or cable. It should be first some kind of router connecting to the modem, then connecting by ethernet or wireless to ur xbox. And that could be the problem, cause the router deals with the IP addresses ..

This is indeed the problem. The 360 is not designed to make a connection to your ISP (for example, there is nowhere to enter your ISP login information). You need a router, or use ICS through your PC.
^ Yaar.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
I'm trying to set up a router, its a D-Link DI-614+ , i'm having a lot of trouble, help would be great appreciated!
FlickR
VTM 60 Tube Head
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
I got the router to work somewhat, but for some reason i cannot browse the internet with it. Everything is connected fine.
FlickR
VTM 60 Tube Head
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah