Poll: Which guitar?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar?
Ibanez RG2550E
15 83%
Washburn X40 Pro
3 17%
Voters: 18.
Hi, I think I got to make a decision between one of the two. I don't like it that the washburn doesn't have any inlays though :s And its list price is higher so in a shop it might be more expensive (not talking about online)
So tell me which one you prefer.
Thanks

EDIT: it's the washburn X40 pro
Last edited by Chimeray at Sep 25, 2007,
i'd prefer the ibanez. the washburn is nice, very nice for the price here in the UK (it's half the price of the ibanez rg2550), but if they're both a similar price, i'd go with the ibanez. japanese manufacture, good trem, decent pickups, hard case. assuming you like basswood ok, of course. EDIT: i also don't like the lack of inlays on the washburn, but obviously that's preference.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What are the characteristics of basswood actually? Other than weight I don't have an ear for woods :s I can pick out the better necks and all though. Meh I'll do a search for it

EDIT: Wow... saw a lot of 'bad' things, lots of people said magohany was better. But why would ibanez put basswood on a lot of their prestiges? :s
Last edited by Chimeray at Sep 25, 2007,
quite warm and soft-sounding... pretty neutral, basically. it's nice for melodic shred.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What about hardrock? Powerchords and all, and soloplay? I'm no shredder but I prefer the feeling of those fast necks.
to be honest, it just really depends on if you like it or not. i never had a problem playing hard rock with my ibanez, but i know some people hate basswood with a passion, while others like it.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ow, well I like the guitar, I tested that ibanez in the shop but maybe I overlooked the wood tone. I know about necks and all and it feels good, what would be the same guitar but different wood? (just in case :p)
washburn x40 pro and those jackson pros are basically the same guitar in alder. though wood isn't the whole story, the hardware, shape, amount of wood etc. will affect the tone too.

easiest way to test the wood tone is to try it unplugged or with the guitar's volume down.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?