ok so, im doing badly in school. im in a magnet school thats like reaalllly smart. im failing 2 classes. my parents found out and they grounded me for life. i cant have my cellphone, mp3, computer, or my guitar. im trying really hard to catch up and i think im passing one of the classes now. what do you guys think of this? do you guys have any advice that would help me?
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Go to a school better suited to your abilities.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by minixmin
ok so, im doing badly in school. im in a magnet school thats like reaalllly smart. im failing 2 classes. my parents found out and they grounded me for life. i cant have my cellphone, mp3, computer, or my guitar. im trying really hard to catch up and i think im passing one of the classes now. what do you guys think of this? do you guys have any advice that would help me?
uh...

explain?
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
magnet school...?

Your parents seem a bit strict, if my parents had been as strict I would've gotten the chair. Just try and catch up, focus on it knowing that if you pass the courses you'll get your stuff back.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
im on UG at my school...

and yes magnet school. its like a school that has acccelerated courses. im a freshmen and im taking precalc for example
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Quote by minixmin
im on UG at my school...

Wonder why you're failing...
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by minixmin
im on UG at my school...

I don't think that will help your studies at all really mate.
i only go on during lunch or any time i have free time
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Yeah, you shouldnt be lol at school, first of all. And second, you parents might be a bit too strict..!
i was going to say..."Your asian and your not doing well in school", but i thought that would be baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.
Camilla Choads.
Quote by Pretty_Much
i was going to say..."Your asian and your not doing well in school", but i thought that would be baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

The funny thing is, by saying you were going to say it buy decided against it, you said it anyways.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Well, for one, you're Asian, so you should be able to do this.

Stereotypes aside, just tell your parents you can't do it and move to an easier school or take easier classes. If they don't, then you have two options: continue to fail or get your grades up.

Edit: dammit, beaten to the Asian joke.

I'm still leaving it up. D:
out of curiosity TS...what school are you at?
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

well thanks everyone and if anyone can explain to me how calculator programming works then it would be appreciated

EDIT: i go to poolesville high school...its in maryland
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Calculator programming is just Basic. look it up. google is your best friend.
XBL Gamertag: SealCubs
Quote by minixmin
i only go on during lunch or any time i have free time

you could use at least a fraction of that free time to..oh I don't know...study?
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.

Member #12 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by minixmin
well thanks everyone and if anyone can explain to me how calculator programming works then it would be appreciated

EDIT: i go to poolesville high school...its in maryland
ah, i thought by "pville" (what you have listed in your profile as location) you might have meant an area about 5 minutes away from me as i'm in maryland as well
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by RageAgainst...
ah, i thought by "pville" (what you have listed in your profile as location) you might have meant an area about 5 minutes away from me as i'm in maryland as well

really? what school do you go to?
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Some people just have different learning curves. I may have set the record of the most math classes taken during jr high / high school (8). The accelerated ones were too difficult, and the regular classes were too easy. I kept getting bumped up and then next semester back down. The trick with high school is to keep up with ALL the daily work. Grind it out, it may be a tough 4 yrs but I guarantee it gets easier.

I used to be the guy who never understood anything until a friend explained it to me, or after I already copied the homework. Did poorly on exams. All that changed my Sophomore yr of College. It became so easy, I became the one explaining and letting friends copy off me, and I graduated with a good GPA.

What I find helps is for you to teach someone else what you are learning. It forces you to use critical thinking and to think for yourself. It works.

BTW, no more stupid Asian jokes.
Quote by minixmin
really? what school do you go to?
perry hall, it's about 20 minutes outside of the baltimore city. there's an area called parkville right near here though
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Quote by Jack Off Jill