How exactly does one extract a midi file from guitar pro? I am trying to do a cover for a friend, and thus being lazy just went ahead and downloaded the guitar pro version of the tab so I could get the drum tab.

Obviously at this point I could just program the drums in my sequencer, but it would be much easier to just drag the drum midi file into my sequencer and be done with it. I know Ebon00 programs his drums in Guitar Pro and then exports them to Protools - care to chime and let me in on the secret?

Lol, I think this is the first question I have ever ASKED in this forum.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

^yeah but that exports everything as a midi file - I just want the drums. Thanks though. Anyone else?
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Lol I was just curious about the guy who had written such a weird thread title. Nothing else sorry ^^
you have to delete all the other track apart from the drum track then File > Export > Midi then just exit and dont save and when you load back up youll have all your track but youll have you midi drum track saved somewhere.
Just click on the 'S' beside where it says 'Percussion' or whatever you named it, then File > Export > MIDI

EDIT: But just for what you are doing that won't work, so just go onto the drum track, Ctrl +A, Ctrl + C, open up a new document, paste export.
Ok thanks guys, I got everything all sorted out. You all were rather helpful.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Quote by buckethead_jr
Just click on the 'S' beside where it says 'Percussion' or whatever you named it, then File > Export > MIDI

EDIT: But just for what you are doing that won't work, so just go onto the drum track, Ctrl +A, Ctrl + C, open up a new document, paste export.

my way is easier fool you dont have to open any new documents you just go delete delete and so on until all tracks are gone bar the drums and hit export. BINGO
Quote by thrice_removed
Ok thanks guys, I got everything all sorted out. You all were rather helpful.

Just make sure you go into the MIDI Event List in whatever sequencing app you'll be using and remove all the controller data that GP sends along with its MIDI exports.
I usually export the entire thing, and just import the track I want in the sequencer.