Most of you that know me probably have a very bad impression of me and i honestly do not blame you. The reason for my money(or lack there of) insults are because i was angry i mean after my original post about your opinion on the TD333 from june that had like 500 posts bashing me about my choice you get a little pissed off. I never asked your opinion about me or the price of the guitar i just wanted to know your thoughts on its sound and equipment. I apologize to anyone i have insulted.

Please do not start bashing me on this post i just wanted to apologize for any showing off or any insulting i have done.

I would also like to say that you are right about the TD333 it is probably not worth the money it cost but its the guitar i really wanted i could not be happier with its sound and i would buy it again if i lost it.

Now with that being said are there any companys you can suggest to me where i can actually be original for once and have my own guitar built(preferably something that looks like a 333) oh and yes i am a guitar noob that has too much money for his own good but thats ok because i have you guys to yell at me and get me to smarten up =D.
"If i had my own world...I'd build you an empire"
Last edited by -AvA- at Sep 25, 2007,
It's a little more difficult to build a semi-hollow.

You should start off with a solid-body.

Saga makes some low price kits, but if you're willing to spend the money, you can get a Carvin Bolt Kit. Carvins rock.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
You seem a nice enough guy, you probably deserve the money. Just don't go blowing it all on the best stuff until you've learned to play half-decent. You might one day go off Tom Delonge, or just flat out decide not to play guitar any more. Just in case really.
if you want a custom guitar that will last get a Carvin
Quote by TDS
You know what would be awsome? A phone that doubled as a fleshlight that recharged power through kinetic motion.

"hold on guys my phone's dying."
*fap*
"Ok we're good."
As he said- he'd like it to be a bit like the TD333, which is a hollowbody, and I don't think Carvin makes hollowbodies.
He could get an AE185, which is pretty close .

Threadstarter, I think you should just go around and play a whole bunch of guitars and amps and try to build your ear for tone before you try to customize your own guitar.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
^they've got chambered, semi hollows, and hollows too im sure.

anyway i like carvin.

but ava i have no idea who u are.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Pikka Bird
As he said- he'd like it to be a bit like the TD333, which is a hollowbody, and I don't think Carvin makes hollowbodies.

they do check the site

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
^^ Oh, I forgot about the AE... But I don't really think the AE185 is very Gibson-esque. It looks a lot more like a Thinline Tele. I've never heard it, though.

However, he said he wanted it to look like the TD333, which it certainly doesn't.
Last edited by Pikka Bird at Sep 25, 2007,
check out Ran Guitars
jeff waters from annhialator uses them and i've got a custom on order from them

they're purely a custom shop and are supposed to be better than jacksons and ESPs (emphasis on supposedly)
they'll do ANY shape body you want (i'm not too sure about hollowbodies) but Dariusz the owner is one of the most helpful guys you will ever deal with so he may do one for you
they are relatively cheap for a custom too, i got mine for about £1200 and it's my dream guitar

if you need any help with spec just ask on here
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
To be fair, you weren't in the wrong in my opinion.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
^Agreed. People around here can be total dicks sometimes. I don't remember the thread that well, but I do remember it was pandemonium. It's not like he's one of those spoiled kakahead kids who just stroll into GC with their parents in tow, point at the most dazzling and expensive guitar in the store and say "that one" and then throw a tantrum until they cave and buy it for him.
glad to see you made an effort to reach out to the community...even though both you and the part of the community that bashed you were at fault in different aspects...

as far as custom guitars go you cant go wrong with a carvin as i have one and it is the best guitar i have ever played....of what i have playe that is
Gear

Soon to have Carvin California Carved Top
Fender MIM Strat (Warthog, Spotlight, Condor)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Valetronix Combo
Boss ME-50
Alvarez Acoustic
Quote by -AvA-
Most of you that know me probably have a very bad impression of me and i honestly do not blame you. The reason for my money(or lack there of) insults are because i was angry i mean after my original post about your opinion on the TD333 from june that had like 500 posts bashing me about my choice you get a little pissed off. I never asked your opinion about me or the price of the guitar i just wanted to know your thoughts on its sound and equipment. I apologize to anyone i have insulted.

Please do not start bashing me on this post i just wanted to apologize for any showing off or any insulting i have done.

I would also like to say that you are right about the TD333 it is probably not worth the money it cost but its the guitar i really wanted i could not be happier with its sound and i would buy it again if i lost it.

Now with that being said are there any companys you can suggest to me where i can actually be original for once and have my own guitar built(preferably something that looks like a 333) oh and yes i am a guitar noob that has too much money for his own good but thats ok because i have you guys to yell at me and get me to smarten up =D.

you don't learn kid do you
^what is wrong with you?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by .smudged.
you don't learn kid do you

he likes it, he can afford it, therefore shut the fuck up.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
I'll admit to being a bit of a twat to him - looking back it was a little out of order, but a couple of the posts did seem a little bit "look at me and all my money". Coming out and apologising when you probably don't even feel you did anything wrong is a hell of a big thing to do, you get mucho respect for that

I honestly think you should get yourself something different - you've already got a hollowbody so why not look at getting a guitar that will compliment it's sound rather than mimic it. If I was you I'd maybe look at getting youself a really nice Strat, then you've got one of each, a Fender AND a Gibson. I definitely think you should get yourself a solidbody though, a hollowbody is going to struggle monstrously if you want clarity and controllable feedback at higher gain levels.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
if i had cash and wanted a hollow id look at gretsch guitar. they are so hot.

^but yeah variety is key.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Yeah, Gretsch make fabulous hollowbodies, but I'd also look into their solidbody Jets... They're awesome and look amazing.

And I'll halfway echo Seagull's point up there, except I'll always take a Tele over a Strat.
something you could easily do would be to assemble all the parts and put it together.

or what I would do would be to try alll the different guitars, thereby testing pickups...then i would get a hollow body of some kind (if it were me id just get an Epi Dot, great GREAT guitars) and then customize it. you spend 3-400 on the guitar, then you buy the pickups and you can change th tuners and electronics of you want. and it IS possible to have someone refinish it for you but if you can learn it you can do it. a lot of people on here refinish their guitars but it may be a little more difficult since its a hollow body.

you showed a lot of maturity for coming out and apologizing and trying to understand what we were saying, and then asking an educated question about YOUR OWN guitar. I really respect that. Now you may not like my advice, it may not be what you are looking for but consider all options before making a decision.

Take care.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Could go half-half and get a thinline Tele - all Teles = sex.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Not very many people on this forum know how to apologize. Respect and good luck.
Thanks for all the advice. i really like the carvin guitars and i think im going to go with a solid body guitar this time but still not sure what style just yet but i want to take my time with this one and try out a bunch of pickups i dont want to rush into this like i did with my TD333 although i love that guitar =D.
"If i had my own world...I'd build you an empire"
Quote by -AvA-
Thanks for all the advice. i really like the carvin guitars and i think im going to go with a solid body guitar this time but still not sure what style just yet but i want to take my time with this one and try out a bunch of pickups i dont want to rush into this like i did with my TD333 although i love that guitar =D.

i will be very honest with you-i love blink, i love that guitar, i loved his strat i thought they were all excellent. the ES is a liiiitle overpriced, but id still love to have it. A solidbody may be a good idea for you since youve already got the TD333. you cant play EVERYTHING on a hollowbody, its just not as good sounding.

ive had no experience with Carvin, never played one and never thought about one but i hear they are excellently made, exactly to the way you want it and they come out beautiful. just take your time, ask us for help and dont rush, just like you said.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
knowing you have the money i would say go for the california carved top model carvin offers...you'll never need to buy another guitar becuase it really is that incredible and a steal at what it costs

but what ever you choose...carvin is pretty reputable and im sure will be an awesome decision should u take that path...
Gear

Soon to have Carvin California Carved Top
Fender MIM Strat (Warthog, Spotlight, Condor)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Valetronix Combo
Boss ME-50
Alvarez Acoustic
look into some studio gear!!

what good are all those guitars if we can't hear you play them?

Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by .smudged.

not a kiss ass, just fed up with people flaming the guy ALL the time. I reckon he could could have got better for the money, but as this forum always says, it's all down to preference, and if he likes it, so be it.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Go to the pit :T
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
It takes a big man to apologise in these forums, especially given that some people actually owe you apologies, you have my respect for that. I don't know much about custom guitars, it will be a long time before I can afford them and I don't like to look at things I might never be able to afford :P

What I would do is go to music stores and try out all sorts of guitar, from low end to high end and look at what things you do like, what you don't. If you're going to spend money on a custom shop you want it to be perfect for you. Play friends' guitars, whatever you can do to help form an opinion of what you like and what you don't. Think about woods, body shapes, neck styles, fret styles, machine heads, paint work (think you have a formed idea about this though?), then the electronics, which pickups do you prefer? Is there a specific brand you loved the song of?

I sort of went on a bit then, but I think for a custom built guitar you have to be sure what you're paying for is what you really want, so take the time to do a lot of research. Plus playing loads of different guitars is a hell of a lot of fun.

Good luck.
yeah i guess i might have overreacted a bit. I think most people on here are just a bit shocked that you can go out and spend the equivilent of their (or their parent's) monthly wages just in a flash without even asking for a second opinion. But i suppose you probably get this all the time, it can be bad aswell as good being rich as a lot of people won't see past that. I mean hell my dad earns probably about 1/10th of what the bill payer in your house earns and we get some abuse about our money aswell, although i think that's a bit to do with the fact that my dad is an exec in an NHS hospital, a job that many in britian see as "overpaid" and even "pointless." So sorry man. And as long as you like your guitar it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about it. It IS YOUR guitar after all. I don't think anyone can fault you on your amp tho.

As for a custom guitar, listen to devilmaycare- you might even find you prefer a solid body as opposed to a semi hollow. As much as you may like tom delonge, don't forget that you are NOT him and therefore probably might want a different type of guitar.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
I strongly suggest getting a solidbody. Check out Paul Reed Smith guitars, you might like their stuff.
Quote by buckethead_jr
I didn't think they had metal in the 1790's

Quote by Guitarislife125
Copper is a metal

Quote by buckethead_jr
Ah, touche.
Quote by steven seagull
I'll admit to being a bit of a twat to him - looking back it was a little out of order, but a couple of the posts did seem a little bit "look at me and all my money". Coming out and apologising when you probably don't even feel you did anything wrong is a hell of a big thing to do, you get mucho respect for that .

Ah, yes, we are all twats in time, Steven. All of us.

Anyhoo, kudos for saying sorry, but like The Seagull®, you did come across as being a bit...well..Spoilt, and slightly arrogant and nonchalant towards other people's opinions.

Well, now that's over and done, you should definitely be looking at perhaps a good strat, although, I'm not sure what amp you've got...?
i just read the first 4 pages of that post...and as far as i can see...u really didnt say or do anything wrong...u didnt buy something everyone likes...u bought something u like...i coulndt understand what all the bashing was about...ppl need to realize that there are a lot of different products out there due to the fact that ppl like different things...but hopefully that guitar is everything u wanted it to be
Get a good amp, then buy Fender or Ibanez guitars since they are comfortable, some versatile, good sound too. I also heard that you hate the looks of Fenders. Don't bother with the looks. Tom's sig guitar when he was in Blink = Fender. Also, learn some harder stuff, 'cos Blink or AvA plays only power chords and basic repetitive stuff. When you got some good equipment, you should put it to good use.
Quote by splat102
Get a good amp, then buy Fender or Ibanez guitars since they are comfortable, some versatile, good sound too.

a mesa dual recto isn't good?
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
that takes balls dude i could never swallow my pride like that ever I'm too proud.

I would try a PRS I tried and loved them but I don't have the money.

But just ltry guitars you find interesting and see which one feels confortable i did that and now i'm savin for an ibanez RG feeling the necks is my first shot of heroine lol thank god i'm sober cuz those laast ones weren't fun
Quote by nasstyman
i don't do drugs but i fook like a pronstar and i drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney....
Quote by eddiehimself
a mesa dual recto isn't good?

Didn't know he was buying that.
^ no he already owns one i think
Quote by nasstyman
i don't do drugs but i fook like a pronstar and i drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney....