A friend of mine is potentially passing unto me his old, awful Ibanez semi and if he doesn't I'll buy it off him anyway. I was wanting to change the hardware, change the pickups and get a fret-dress (I'd get that done professionally).

My main consideration would be changing the pickups on a semi, how is this done? Is it difficult? I have experience in soldering and could comfortably put pickups into a solid body, but this is something else. If you could answer this first question I'll probably go into more detail later.

Cheers!
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
well, its not really any different from a regular solid body except for its much more tedious. you have to be careful not to drop wires into the body in places where you cant get to them. i would recommend cutting the wires on the old pick ups close to the pick up so that you have enough wire to play with, since im assuming you dont really care about the old pick ups. then just solder on the new pick ups to those wire and make sure you dont drop the wires in.
Well, you just do the wiring through the f-holes. Use tongs and whatnot.

Also, I am the Jeff Buckley fanatic, you impostor!
Cheers for the advice, I'll have a shot.

And Pikka Bird, in my defence I've been listening to him since LONG before Dream Brother was released, so I believe there's room for both of us on UG

EDIT: Ok then, keeping to a Jazz/Blues style, does anyone know what the Seymour Duncan SH-55 pups are like?
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Last edited by roythereaper at Sep 25, 2007,
^Dream Brother? There's a million officual and unofficial releases called Dream Brother... Anyways, we should probably try to trade bootlegs and bit and bobs. If you're interested, that is...
I meant what is essentially the "Best Of" album that Guibert was behind. And I'm not really in a situation where I can trade or buy stuff like that, due to be 16 and broke This is going to be the outlet of any money I get for a while. Thanks for the offer though.
Call me Callum

Ah, that. Then I've probably got you beat by several years. But it's no competition, though. It's a good thing you know of him through something at all.

But really- most of my bootlegs were quite free. I might be able to hook you up with a bunch of mp3s if you'd like (once I get my winRAR to stop being an arse).
That would be great, and in all honesty I've only been a fan for about 3/4 years. You have an age advantage, I'd assume. And that would be fantastic, cheers.

But, back on topic: What humbuckers would be good for jazz and blues? SH-55s by Seymour Duncan caught my eye, but I'm easy.
Call me Callum

^Alright, but you might wanna send me a PM about it so I have something to remind me to do it. See, my WinRAR acts like a real bitch, and if it takes a couple of days for me to figure it out then I might forget all about this... Just saying. But if you ever stumble upon the Legacy Edition of Live at Sin-é (if you don't already have it- it should be readily available in most well-stocked music stores), I'd suggest you pick it up without hesitation. It's a total treat.