ibanez ds7 distortion
0 0%
Voters: 9.
Anyways im deciding between a few pedals,

The line 6 pod
the boss 1
Ibanez ts7 tubescreamer
ibanez ds7

Alright equipment is a fender band master from 1953 with a 50 watt out put, also im puttinng a 57 classic gibson neck pick up and a burstbucker pro on my bridge. I like to play classic rock, southern rock, and 80s stuff (slash is a major influence)

The way i see it is my current 1953 fender amp only plays clean so i dont know if a pod wouldnt be such a bad idea although i hate my line 6 spider 3 which im selling. I heard that if you use the line 6 pod right you can be right on with tone, i saw some guys use one live and it was awesome

however i hate my line 6 amp but that may just be because of what it is and ive heard good stuff from these pedals

thoughts comments and suggestions for other pedals

edit:in poll thee b1 is boss ds1 my bad.....
that ts7 tube screamer is looking like what people think i should get.
But what about the boss ds1 i know i misspelled it on the poll
Last edited by Pink_Kid at Sep 25, 2007,
I wouldn't get the POD - you'll probably not use all of its features, and you could get better tone with a few stompboxes. Try a Maxon OD808 (a kind of Tubescreamer) and maybe a Boss DS1 or DS2.
e.) none of the above

I will personally hunt you down, kill you, and steal your amp if you put a fvckin' POD in front of it. My dinner's a little disturbed just thinking about it.

A tubescreamer's a good choice, but nothing less than the TS9 (or Maxon equivalent). That amp deserves quality, individual, analog stomp boxes. Don't disrespect it!
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
e.) none of the above

I will personally hunt you down, kill you, and steal your amp if you put a fvckin' POD in front of it. My dinner's a little disturbed just thinking about it.

A tubescreamer's a good choice, but nothing less than the TS9 (or Maxon equivalent). That amp deserves quality, individual, analog stomp boxes. Don't disrespect it!

ya cept i dont know which of these pedals to get and line 6 isnt that bad i can play guitar im not a person who knows about pedals and such =p

thx for the pedal idea though much apreciated
^ I'm just trying to help!

Really, you just don't want to put any sort of digital processor in front of a classic amp. Get yourself a quality OD pedal, and go from there. What other effects were you planning to use on the Line 6?
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
on the pod i dunno it kind of makes sense to use a pod since it changes your sound so much and playing off a clean amp but i dunno ive come to hate line 6

my spider 3 120 watt amp is mine because it was a gift my parents wanted to be a "surprise" and i told them to let me go get it with them in case they picked the wrong thing...but they said they knew and they didnt....
Quote by Pink_Kid
on the pod i dunno it kind of makes sense to use a pod since it changes your sound so much and playing off a clean amp but i dunno ive come to hate line 6

my spider 3 120 watt amp is mine because it was a gift my parents wanted to be a "surprise" and i told them to let me go get it with them in case they picked the wrong thing...but they said they knew and they didnt....

I would have flipped, and punched your mom in the ovaries, and then forced them to return it.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
I would have flipped, and punched your mom in the ovaries, and then forced them to return it.

thank you that made me bust out laughing
The Pod is better quality than the Line 6 spider, but still nowhere near as good as single effects.

If you have to use a Pod (for money issues or something), I suggest just using it for effects and stuff, and getting a decent OD pedal. Even a Boss Super Overdrive SD-1 or Digitech Bad Monkey can work, until you get enough money to get more stuff.

But yeah, if you want just the one pedal, I'd say get the Tubesceamer, or some different OD from MI Audio or Fulltone etc.