Ok, So Im singin I'll stick around by Foo Fighters but I cant keep sync with the guitar during the chorus?

Would just pratising it do? or is there little tricks?
personal experience - no amount of practice will help.

i am certain that you either have this gift from the gods or you dont.

unless the vocals follow the strum, im lost.
if anybody has advice here, i'd be interested.

although i'm not sure if this thread will soon be moved somewhere else...
Quote by branny1982
personal experience - no amount of practice will help.

i am certain that you either have this gift from the gods or you dont.

Thats what I was thinking about! ****!
It's definitely easier when playing chords =(
I guess figure out where each word is in regards to the guitar bit - then just practise timing.
I made you a cookie but I eated it.
Wonder how Mustaine sings while playing his riffs...
My Gear:
Epiphone LP Black Beauty (2007)| Washburn WM24K (2008)| Ibanez Iceman IC300 (2003)| Ibanez GRX40 (2004) w Gold Lace Sensors| Roland Microcube| Marshall G10MK.II Amp| Zoom G2.1u| BOSS Metal Zone

Yes, I am a simple guy.
Quote by areola
Wonder how Mustaine sings while playing his riffs...

That's not singing......
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
make sure you know what your playing like the back of your hand. I mean be able to play something in your sleep. From personal experience if you try to sing without that it'll all end up in a jumbled mess.

I can usually sing for some metal type riffs and some fills in between but crazy rythyms always screw me up. It just takes a lot of practice really.
alonso(insideac) wrote an article about this somewhere...or something that resembled an article, check the advanced techniques?
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
yes i think either you got it or you dont unless you put an unreal amount of prectice in, many many hours a day on just this. That is the reason I respect Hendrix so much because he sang beautifully while playing very difficult guitar parts.(On acid and heavy drugs too, which definately doesnt make it easier haha)
MT sticky.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
I have trouble with this too.

I often find it very difficult to sing and play a complex riff written by another individual but if I've written the particular riff it comes very naturally and easily. I assume that it will eventually come with practice, but sometimes it just seems so hard.

Actually sometimes it's just difficult trying to play the riff itself before you even consider talking or singing.