i have been playing guitar for 4 years and have played bass before but i want to get good. i can play riffs like longview by green day so stuff at that level.
I was going to suggest getting a green day book, thats what i did...

If your are into that kind of stuff, Try some of alkaline trio's bass, its not too difficult just takes a bit to learn where all the stops and changes are...

also Possum Kingdom by the toadies, really fun, shouldnt take too long to learn.

also for more ideas, and probably before this gets locked or deleted.. check this thread..

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163382
Swollen fingers of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join

--Gear--
AXE:Epiphone Thunderbird IV, Peavey Fury II, Jackson CB20
AMP:Peavey Pro 500
CAB:Ampeg BXT-410HL4
Last edited by orphenshadow at Sep 25, 2007,
Nirvana - Breed

And I see the second person is a fellow okie!^_^
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Boris The Spider - The Who

Easy, but fun to play. First song that I played along with the CD to.
*Glances at TS's name*

Rage against the machine possibly? They have some good, yet not so difficult basslines.
signature
Last edited by Bullet-Rule at Sep 26, 2007,
Quote by Captain Insano
London Calling.

+1

Guns of Brixton is awesome as well. Great groove to it.
songs I've learned(or still working on) that have helped me

U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday

Muse - Stockholm Syndrome - I cant play it very fast, only up to 85bpm out of 150 or something its all 16ths(I THINK DONT KILL ME IM A NEWB!) and it helped me get used to the frets, you'll use every one up to the 13th fret

MCR - Ghost of You

Sparta - While Oceana Sleeps -- I think this one is tons of fun to play, i prefer the guitar pro tab

I mostly like the Sparta and Muse ones since they're drop D and I dont have to retune hehe
Reise, Reise by Rammstein, i played that with my 5-string through a talkbox the other day and it sounded great and is incredibly easy. If you want something a little more challenging, look at bon jovi, livin on a prayer is good, so is its my life.
"Make you smile" - +44
"Untitled" - Blink 182
"Dammit" - Blink 182

And once you feel you've mastered those...

"Paper Wings" Rise Against

Paper Wings is a good challenge for a bassist starting out !

Well, good luck with bass!
Roxane-The Police
██████████████████████████████
Quote by wolf986

U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday

Lol, that was the first song I ever learn't on drum's!

I would go with green day! That's what i did, also Muse! Trust me you'll feel really good when you start playing hysteria, but don't try tht until later

Good luck
Quote by chinese_jazz
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.

Jaco Pastorius

E-A-G-L-E-S!!
System of a down songs all good to start with most useone string anyway but thay still sound awsome

Join my Group!! RhCP Is best band Ever
You could start with some of these easy songs while learning a harder song. For instance, I started with something like Dance Dance (shut up, its fun to play...) with Schism. It might not be your learning style though... Give it a shot though.
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
There's a great thread out there called 'What bass songs should I learn?' or something like that that has a whole wealth of level defined songs. Should have been sticked by now *cough cough Dan...*
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
You should try to learn Force Ten by Rush that was the first song I learned on bass and trust me a begginner bass player playing Rush will impress your friends
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
Quote by silentdob
I started with something like Dance Dance (shut up, its fun to play...) .

Animal I Have Become by Three days Grace is a good one. I started with Green Day. Just find a easy song you like and start playing it.
As people have said

Breed - Nirvana
Dammit [Or anything by blink 182]
Animal Ive Become - Three Days Grace

and if you want something a little more challenging:

Journey Far From The East Bay - Rancid

Hysteria - Muse [Easier than it sounds]

Ive been playing Bass for...2 or 3 months now max and i found them all pretty easy tabs to figure out
cant go wrong with Rammstein. providing you know how to get into DropD tuning. they are a good band, i like em. easy and very simple structured songs, but still effective. they are great if your starting out on bass or guitar
Jesu - We All Faulter
Electric Wizard - Return Trip
Electric Wizard - Funeralopolis

im not sure if theres tabs but theyre all very easy to learn by ear. i just started playing last week and thats basically all ive played so far.
i'm sure he doesn't need the help any more
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.