Hey so i was really looking at the angus young signature SG, when i realized all i wanteed was a cool looking guitar with a Floyd Rose and the angus young pickups.

So I thought about it and found a mid range guitar that fits my budget
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-MH250-Electric-Guitar-with-Tremolo?sku=516686
The Esp Ltd MH-250.

I also found the pickups in the Angus Young SG.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Angus-Young-Signature-Humbucker?sku=306127
the angus young one,
and
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-57-Classic-Humbucker-Pickup?sku=306000
the 57 classic rhythm pickup.

so if i bought the MH-250 and replaced the pickups would it sound similiar to the SG? and would the pickus be good for a little metal as well?

i want to play mainly hard rock. sorry this is my first time customizing a guitar and every1 here is so helpful so...

thanks,
Grimpenguin

p.s. should i get a line 6 spider III 15 watt or a roland Micro-Cube?
Last edited by Grimpenguin at Sep 25, 2007,
well....the key to a sg's sound is that its a large piece of mahogany. i didnt check the wood on the mh. but i dunno if you will get the same sound. everyhting will have a different tone.

about the amp....you should invest in a good amp. it makes your tone alot better compared to getting a new guitar/pickups. youll notice it alot more basically. so i would say use your money on a good amp. and then go for a guitar. i mean its really up to you. but a guitar only sounds as good as the amp. (the line6 will kill the sound. and the micro cube aint bad. but its nothing like a tube amp)

hope that helps
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
the MH-250 is agathis, it wont sound like a mahogany SG, you need to find a mahogany guitar if your trying to get an angus tone Esp/Ltd 400 series and up is where to look, agathis is a really muddy tone wood and wont give you the tone your looking for, id suggest getting an Epi G400 and retrofitting it with a floyd and the pickup swap
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Don't get that ESP!!!! Agathis suuuccckkkkss!
Ibanez RGT42FX
Vox AD30VT-XL

Quote by Attack
No. In Soviet Russia, Hell goes to you,
Quote by ken112291
Don't get that ESP!!!! Agathis suuuccckkkkss!

Do you have anything to back up tat statement?
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
The only thing that'll make you sound like Angus is a cranked Marshall JTM45...even his sig pickups (which I don't think he even uses) are pretty standard PAF-types. By all means get a guitar with a Floyd, but don't bother with the Angus pickups - they're a complete waste of money.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
ok well how would this guitar work?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-?sku=518491
its a Schecter C-1 Floyd Rose, it has a mahoganay body and 24 frets, exactly what i was looking for.

and how is this amp?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-DA5-Portable-Amplifier-?sku=482065

keep in mind that i probably have a budget of 400-600 dollars and am upgrading from a squire affinity strat pack (squire affinity fat strat, and fender frontman 15g amp)

and can someone reccomend me a god wah-wah? i was looking at the dunlop crybaby and the ibanez weeping demon.
Going from one practice amp to another isn't very practical.

Note that the FR on the newer C-1 FRs is an LFR, which can often be dodgy.

If you want a cheap guitar with an OFR, take a look at the Floyd Rose DSOT-2.

You could always just throw some GFS or other cheap humbuckers in your Squire and spend the rest on a new amp (which is where most of your tone comes from anyway ).
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Going from one practice amp to another isn't very practical.

Note that the FR on the newer C-1 FRs is an LFR, which can often be dodgy.

If you want a cheap guitar with an OFR, take a look at the Floyd Rose DSOT-2.

You could always just throw some GFS or other cheap humbuckers in your Squire and spend the rest on a new amp (which is where most of your tone comes from anyway ).

DAMN that is one ugly guitar man.. lol yea well ima go try it out anyways soon, but really all i need is a practice amp as i wont be gigging very soon (been playing a few months) i just wanna upgrade the amp and get a wa-wa cuz the fender amp has crappy everything.

Besides i play at school and i am NOT lugging a 50-watt Marshall to school every day
just wanted to throw this out...

you do know that for the majority of AC/DC's songs that pickup was never used... I love ac/dc, but there are a lot cheaper ways to get the same sound... gibson pups are overpriced... just throwin that out there
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
ok I see, so instead maybe just get that C-1 FR or an epiphone les paul or the MH-250, and hen get a kiler amp? o.k. cool so i was thinking Vox, that a good amp? i dont want a marshall mg series they suck i played it at the Guitar Center.
(I'm Looking in the range of $150-200)
G-400 with the pups you wanted & put in a trem.

I would suggest saving a bit of money in for a new amp or getting all tubes.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by elekguit
G-400 with the pups you wanted & put in a trem.

I would suggest saving a bit of money in for a new amp or getting all tubes.

Not the greatest of ideas - modding the G-400 for a worthwhile trem wouldn't be worth the money, and the Angus pickups are way overpriced.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
ok first off you need to just buy a better amp. It will be so much easier to get the tone you are looking for if your playing through a decent amp...then worry about your guitar
Gear

Soon to have Carvin California Carved Top
Fender MIM Strat (Warthog, Spotlight, Condor)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Valetronix Combo
Boss ME-50
Alvarez Acoustic
the g-400 would be a great guitar to mod, its all mahogany, i wouldnt really suggest a floyd, id almost say go Kahler since they are top mounted, it wont effect your tone, and id just get gibson burstbuckers or the same models they use in the SG standard,
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210