Well, I've getting more and more into FPS games ever since that day I installed Battlefield 1942, it just made me want more. The thing is that, even while it's a fantastic LAN game, I want something that'll keep me busy for some time in single-player mode (don't get me wrong, I like it's single-player mode but I want something... else). And that's when I bumped into Halo.

There's been such a craze going on about it that I just can't believe it. I haven't played it yet, and maybe I should, but I've read some reviews that say that it isn't as good as the Xbox port (I'm talking about PC Halo). The thing is, should I get it? Will it be worth it? And I'd also like to ask you whether Halo 2 is better than the first, and if it is, is there any way to play it on Win XP?

And finally, if anyone has any recommendations on what to play (RPGs and FPS best) then please recommend. And to keep this thread living after the questions are answered, you can discuss Halo here . Thanks people.
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
Get Halo 2, it's more fluid in controls IMO. I think there was a PC version of it and it will definitely work on XP
If you're looking for an FPS with an amazing campaign mode and excellent replay value, Halo is that game. I'd get 1 and 2 first if you're going to get 3 so the story isn't confusing.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
yea get halo 2.
and it will definately work on xp just check on gamestop.com or something
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Halo 1 is better on PC than Xbox... Halo 2 is far too outdated, I think it actually plays better on XBox [weird]... Halo > Halo 2... Halo 3, I have no clue.
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
Quote by someguitarguy88
Get Halo 2, it's more fluid in controls IMO. I think there was a PC version of it and it will definitely work on XP
Afraid not. Halo 2 is Vista only.
i personally like the first. the 2nd is awesome but some of th levels are too dark to see what the crap your doing. th first has alot of outside levels in the light. multiplayer is better on the 2nd though
empty the bullets from the chamber
Quote by sadistic_monkey
Afraid not. Halo 2 is Vista only.

Oh. Darn. I keep thinking of one then, never mind.

EDIT: Actually I remember there was an XP patch for it, but I have no idea where to get it.
Do you still play 1942?

If so what servers do you play and what name do you go by?
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
Quote by someguitarguy88
Oh. Darn. I keep thinking of one then, never mind.

EDIT: Actually I remember there was an XP patch for it, but I have no idea where to get it.
From wiki:
Released the third week of June 2007, a program that enables Halo 2 to run on Windows XP was released by user abcba on the FileFront forum. The program consists entirely of legal code that implements any missing function Halo 2 needs to run on Windows XP. Using this program, the single player section of Halo 2 is playable on Windows XP.

Coolio
I beat halo 3 in legendary like 3 hours ago. EPIC GAME.

A little disappointed at the new features. TOO EASY.

I'd recommend the halo series!
Last edited by Derek <3's You! at Sep 25, 2007,