Page 1 of 2
(inspired by the suicide thread)

Just thought death would be a good topic to discuss. What are peoples fears? Thoughts? What do people believe about an afterlife? What are people's experiences about death?

Personally, i've known 3 people who have died who i would count as relativeley close to me, first a woman from church who was so loveley, but she was old, so i just accepted it. second a 17 year old son of one of our family friends, i didnt know him very well, but it hit me a bit, not hugeley tho. third my girlfriends friend killed himself.

I'm literally terrified of my family members dying. My grandparents are 85ish, and aren't gonna be around much longer. i have no idea how i'll take it. I don't know what i'll do if my younger family dies, unexpectedly. Im terrified about it all. i'm not too worried about my own death, my belief is that im going to heaven, and that'll be great, if im wrong then i wont know about it till im dead, so not much point worrying about it, altho i am worried about the process of dying.

anyway, discuss, feel free to go as far off topic as you want as long as you can mention some form of the word die in your post.
I really fear people close to me dying...I don't want to die because it might make them sad....I don't know what will happen to us when we die...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I just say when they die they go to a better place and I'll see them in heaven when I die.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
we can find out what happens to us when we die, by watching what happens to bunnies when they die.
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
My Grandad died about 6 months ago. I was fairly prepared for it though, he had been diagnosed with through cancer quite a while before and he lived about 6 months longer than any doctor said he would, so we all got our goodbyes. He was a really cool guy, served in the army as a radio guy, and was on the frontline for a while. After he died, and it really sank in, I picked up my guitar and played for about 2 hours, the sort of playing that really gets through to you. And with the money he left me, I bought a twelve string. Partly because I wanted one, partly because I knew he wouldn't want me to spend it on something stupid.
if there is an afterlife, and heaven, and it's as great as they say it is, why are we still hanging around this dump?

*Witty comment*
sometimes i smell dead things. like one time i found this dead bird, and i picked it up and stored it in a plastic bag. now every 2 hours i have to smell it so i can feel close to death. i suggest every1 try it.
see....this is a random thought.
but as crazy as it sounds....
theres a few things i think.
MAYBE...our universe is parrallell to some other universe...(black holes being the holes in between them....)
and maybe when we die...somehow our spirit travels to the other universe and we are re-born (reincarnation)...MAYBE.
A more likely one is that maybe our spirits really do get stuck here on earth and we roam freely as ghosts.
Another one is...Dead. just gone.
And last....maybe there is a heaven.
who knows.
Quote by joehhy
i will use my lvl 90 Golduck against the evil 4chans, they will not stand a chance

Quote by Led Pepplin
My penis is quite literally trembling in fear.

FLOCKDRAW!!!!!!! EPICS!!!!!
Quote by pimpslap1236
sometimes i smell dead things. like one time i found this dead bird, and i picked it up and stored it in a plastic bag. now every 2 hours i have to smell it so i can feel close to death. i suggest every1 try it.

Mayhem reference. Hehe.
Quote by pimpslap1236

your not Dead from Mayhem.
thats what he used to do.

im sure you know that.
Quote by joehhy
i will use my lvl 90 Golduck against the evil 4chans, they will not stand a chance

Quote by Led Pepplin

Quote by Rocking-Rob
drowning would be my worst death probs

wouldnt be as bad as having to get drowned in dead babies. that would be even worse
Quote by XXm3t@lXX
your not Dead from Mayhem.
thats what he used to do.

im sure you know that.

yep. per yngve ohlin was a pretty ****ed up fellow.

death was the point of this thread anywayz. might at well talk about the actually GUY dead.
Sometimes I get quite paranoid when I think about the lack of control I have over other people's actions... anybody could just be missing from your life for good at any point =/
the short answer to the question, if theres an afterlife, why are we still here, is we cant know till we get there really.

in my opinion, (as a christian) it's because what we do now affects what heaven is like

im not sure what i believe, but i think that everyone will get to heaven, cant believe in a God that wouldnt allow that, but that people who choose to follow him on earth get some sort of, better heaven, whether thats heaven without a punishment before it or just a better form of heaven i dont know.
its all very nebulus thought.
Quote by pimpslap1236
yep. per yngve ohlin was a pretty ****ed up fellow.

oh yes.
he was interesting.
and yes...
drowning in dead babies sucks.
been there done that!
Quote by joehhy

Quote by Led Pepplin

Quote by XXm3t@lXX
see....this is a random thought.
but as crazy as it sounds....
theres a few things i think.
MAYBE...our universe is parrallell to some other universe...(black holes being the holes in between them....)
and maybe when we die...somehow our spirit travels to the other universe and we are re-born (reincarnation)...MAYBE.
A more likely one is that maybe our spirits really do get stuck here on earth and we roam freely as ghosts.
Another one is...Dead. just gone.
And last....maybe there is a heaven.
who knows.

I know And there can't be more than one universe... Is a universe really that hard of a concept? It holds EVERYTHING. And what would these spirits be made of? Thoughts? Personality? Oh, wait, those are in your brain, which is (when you are dead) not functioning. Never mind.

There is nothing left when you die except a rotting corpse. All your thoughts, memories, beliefs (such as religion) are gone when your brain shuts down. That is far more believable than any afterlife scenario.
i want to die sometimes.
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
you may well be right, but for many people, the thought of an afterlife is a comfort, it doesnt have to be likeley to be believable, just preferable to the alternative.

i believe in one cos of upbringing, personal experience, and rationlaization leading me to a belief in God, and with that, a hope someday to be with him.
Quote by orion284
i want to die sometimes.

Lol I went from that to the text under your name saying "Grunge Kid". I see a young Kurt Cobain.

Quote by Magic Jim
you may well be right, but for many people, the thought of an afterlife is a comfort, it doesnt have to be likeley to be believable, just preferable to the alternative.

i believe in one cos of upbringing, personal experience, and rationlaization leading me to a belief in God, and with that, a hope someday to be with him.

Yeah comfort is the only slightly logical reason to believe in afterlife. Even then, I don't understand why someone would deny the blatantly obvious when both have the same result... Only with one you are tied to other problems, the other frees you from all those bonds
Last edited by Kulvin at Sep 25, 2007,
there are many beliefs in afterlife which dont require any bonds at all.
also, you have to bear in mind beliefs choose people. you can affect what you believe by thinking about it, but in the end you cant choose what you believe.
Is anyone else terrified that somehow you'll know whats going on after you die? Sometimes I think of that and realize how terrible it would be to be buried underground for the rest of forever. I'm probably just crazy though
WOOAAAAHHHH
Quote by Kulvin
Lol I went from that to the text under your name saying "Grunge Kid". I see a young Kurt Cobain.

not really lol but whatever
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
good reason for cremation, spend eternity sprinkled around the world
and with that i bid thee all goodnight, have to get up in 7 hours for college and i have to cycle in
Quote by The Eyebrow
if there is an afterlife, and heaven, and it's as great as they say it is, why are we still hanging around this dump?

Because until you die, there is no proof that place exists.

Moron.
Quote by Magic Jim
there are many beliefs in afterlife which dont require any bonds at all.
also, you have to bear in mind beliefs choose people. you can affect what you believe by thinking about it, but in the end you cant choose what you believe.

Why would god be so evil as to not let people choose their beliefs yet end people to hell for them? There are far too many contradictions in any religious statement to hold ground in an even slightly intelligent discussion.

EDIT FOR SAKE OF NOT DOUBLE POSTING:
Quote by Lost_Prophet
Because until you die, there is no proof that place exists.

Moron.

All the evidence you need is what you are fed from birth. At least that's how it is for religious folk...
Quote by Lost_Prophet
Moron.

Well that was unnecessary .
WOOAAAAHHHH
Hmm, well I don't fear dying or death at all...
But I do fear that I won't get to achieve all that I wanted while I am still alive.
If death happens, it happens but if I can prevent it I will...
Just like pain, I'm not scared of it but I would rather it not to happen.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
"Why would god be so evil as to not let people choose their beliefs yet end people to hell for them? "

i'd like to point out that earlier i said that i can't believe in a God that would send people to hell for it.

some day when im not off to bed i'd like to have a talk to you i can imagine it'd be quite interesting,
Quote by Magic Jim
"Why would god be so evil as to not let people choose their beliefs yet end people to hell for them? "

i'd like to point out that earlier i said that i can't believe in a God that would send people to hell for it.

some day when im not off to bed i'd like to have a talk to you i can imagine it'd be quite interesting,

Indeed. PM me anytime
Quote by Kulvin
All the evidence you need is what you are fed from birth. At least that's how it is for religious folk...

1. I'm atheist
2. Being told something doesn't really constitute as proof, does it..
I could say anything and say that its true, but that wouldn't be proof.
ok i have a theory ive been posing

well one im christian so theres always heaven

i believe that when we die we relive the same exact life we just did.So when i die the next generation im gonna be the same person same time same everything ill even be typing this. it explains those moments when your sittin there and your like **** ive done this before deja vu basically. And we also take with us a few pieces of knowledge that we later recall so. and then eventually God cuts it off and we got to heaven or hell. so thats my theory.

Basically reincarnation but as the same person, same time, same place, same life.
ED REED BABY
MrDURPEEDURP's TOP 3 FEARS!!!!

#3: Cockroachers
#2: Heights
#1: Death

I am the biggest fudgin' pansy i've ever heard of when it comes to being grimophobic.
for some reason when I was 10-12 I started grasping death and realizing its inevitability and "I'm going to die and there's NOTHING I can do to stop it"
and I used to actually cry for about 10-15minutes out of utter fear of death.
I still to this day get a sick feeling in my stomache when I think hard about its ultimate coming, In fact, I got it as I was writing this.
I think I let out enough tears for me to just feel extremely bad about it, rather then
crying to help me feel better.

in the end, I hope the grim reaper gets a pineapple shoved up his skeleton ass
before he comes for me.
--> grim reaper
Page 1 of 2